The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to Idaho and back pulling my 28 foot goosneck horse trailer with three horses and quad. On the way back a buddy was following me and told me he had to slow down on big hills (he has a big gooseneck living quarter horse trailer).

On Highway 6 in Nevada I noticed my temp guage increasing as we went up. I slowed, turned off ac and turned on heater. Oil temp was 242. It was 89 degrees outside.

Is this normal or do I need to look at something?

Thanks,
Terry

·
Premium Member
4,170 Posts
pulling my 28 foot goosneck horse trailer with three horses and quad.
Oil temp was 242. It was 89 degrees outside.
That's to be expected, it's normal.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just went to Idaho and back pulling my 28 foot goosneck horse trailer with three horses and quad. On the way back a buddy was following me and told me he had to slow down on big hills (he has a big gooseneck living quarter horse trailer).

On Highway 6 in Nevada I noticed my temp guage increasing as we went up. I slowed, turned off ac and turned on heater. Oil temp was 242. It was 89 degrees outside.

Is this normal or do I need to look at something?

Thanks,
Terry
Don't worry the truck will let you know if it gets to hot. I wouldn't worry about those temps. I do however run full synthetic just because the oil gets so hot when I tow.
As for you8r buddy he needs a Ford!!! then he would have to slow down because the truck goes to fast.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback.
My buddy does have a 2016 Powerstoke also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts