1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our annual Holiday Sale Starts today!!!

Valid 11/01/16 - 12/31/16

You won't want to miss out on this one.

$75 off all F5, F6, Infinity Mini, and Infinity-DX tuners.
$115 off all Pre-Loaded F5-PL, F6-PL, Infinity Mini-PL, and Infinity-PL tuners.

Discount will be applied once the item is added to your cart.

www.dp-tuner.com

Happy Holidays from the DP-Tuner family to yours!

·
Registered
148 Posts
The XMas discount is enticing. I've got some product questions for DP, figured I'd put them here for everyone to see the answers.

- I'm not clear on DP's web site, but does the F5 come with a switcher or is that an extra expense?

- I cannot find anywhere on the site that describes what these optional switchers are?

- I have an '01 7.3L Excursion, 95k miles, no engine mods except for a K&N intake that will eventually get replaced with a FA1759. I have two missions for the truck: driving the family and dogs and crap in the back to events (highway and city), and towing a 10k 28' enclosed auto trailer. I have the Edge Evolution for gauging with EGT probe installed and a warning set (1200, I think) and I've replaced the trans cooler with the much-larger 6L one (temps 140 unloaded, rarely above 180 trailering even in the Berkshires.) I rarely tow faster than 70mph/2000rpm for economy. I want max safe power for towing with some compromise to fuel economy, and I accept the responsibility of watching the gauges and setting appropriate warnings and managing the speeds to stay within those limits.

Given all this, which two tunes (on stop of the "no-start" and "stock") would I want to buy?

I do like the extra features of the F6 - maybe I'll want to buy more tunes later, right? - but at twice the price (and I'm still looking for work) the decision is between F5 or nothing right now.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The XMas discount is enticing. I've got some product questions for DP, figured I'd put them here for everyone to see the answers.

- I'm not clear on DP's web site, but does the F5 come with a switcher or is that an extra expense?

- I cannot find anywhere on the site that describes what these optional switchers are?

- I have an '01 7.3L Excursion, 95k miles, no engine mods except for a K&N intake that will eventually get replaced with a FA1759. I have two missions for the truck: driving the family and dogs and crap in the back to events (highway and city), and towing a 10k 28' enclosed auto trailer. I have the Edge Evolution for gauging with EGT probe installed and a warning set (1200, I think) and I've replaced the trans cooler with the much-larger 6L one (temps 140 unloaded, rarely above 180 trailering even in the Berkshires.) I rarely tow faster than 70mph/2000rpm for economy. I want max safe power for towing with some compromise to fuel economy, and I accept the responsibility of watching the gauges and setting appropriate warnings and managing the speeds to stay within those limits.

Given all this, which two tunes (on stop of the "no-start" and "stock") would I want to buy?

I do like the extra features of the F6 - maybe I'll want to buy more tunes later, right? - but at twice the price (and I'm still looking for work) the decision is between F5 or nothing right now.

Thanks!
Be happy to answer your questions!

The cost of $204.99 (pre-discount) is just the chip. The switches range anywhere from $40-$95, depending on the one you choose. Our standard EX switch (rectangular one) is $40, and the gauge switches (round, to fit in a gauge pod) run $85-$95 (depending on the background and bezel you choose). From the F5 product page, found HERE, you can select which switch you want from the drop down box titled, "Multi-Position Switch". Additionally, you can view all the different switch options in our "Chip Switches and Misc." category, found HERE.

My recommendation for your every day driving tune would be our 80HP Daily tune. It is the best choice for city/mixed driving. The Tow tune will depend on how much weight you are towing. We have 4 different Tow tune options...

20HP Tow: For towing 15k lbs. +
40HP Tow: For towing 13-15k lbs.
60HP Tow: For towing 9-13K lbs.
80HP Tow: For towing 5-9k lbs.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
148 Posts
And, I presume, these devices cannot be used effectively without having to buy one of the switchers? If not, why is one not included in the base price?

Is there anything else needed to be purchased (such as the cable) for the system to work?

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
And, I presume, these devices cannot be used effectively without having to buy one of the switchers? If not, why is one not included in the base price?

Is there anything else needed to be purchased (such as the cable) for the system to work?
Good Question!

The F5 or F6 can be purchased as a single position chip (no cable required). When you want more than more tune you will need a switcher to switch between them on the fly. When you purchase a chip and tunes with a switcher the cable comes with it at no additional charge.

Our F5 and F6 chips are sold a-la-cart so the customer can customize them to how they use their trucks. They can choose how many tunes they want.

I just realized this information was removed accidently on the chip(s) order pages. My apologies.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

~Diane Tipton

1 - 5 of 5 Posts