The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2006 F350 SRW with the 6.0 and 220k on the clock. I haven't had a new truck in quite some time and feel its time.

I am looking at two trucks. Both 2016's crew cabs but one is the Lariat with an advertised $50k price and the other is kind of a mix between an XTL and XL. It has vinyl and no carpet but power locks/windows..etc and the towing package/upfitters and the FX4 package with a $43k.

My dilemma is on the fancy parts of the Lariat like screen, A/C buttons and all holding up for 10 or so years. I tends to keep trucks about 10 years and I maintain and do not abuse but wanted your thoughts on the fancier stuff and the extra $7k spent.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I went from an '08 Lariat to an '11 XLT, slightly uppitied (I just made up a word!!), and I miss some of the Lariat amenities, but don't regret the XLT. Mostly I miss the dual climate control. That was really nice. If I were to do it again, which I probably will once more before I retire, I would go the Lariat. You get hooked on the toys and tend to miss them when you don't have them. Or in your case, you will get hooked on them. If you could find a nice XLT with some added features, I would do that, but I don't think I could go down to the XL. Mainly the vinyl seats. If you can afford it, go with the Lariat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts