140 Posts
I can't drive 55......... there's a fuel station on every corner. Just saying

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I can't drive 55......... there's a fuel station on every corner. Just saying

The funny thing is I agree, don't give a s*** about fuel mileage. I put a 55 gal tank in and can go further that I need, that is what counts to me (have not ran low on $ since the service in 1970). I posted facts, some agree and some do not, again I do not give a s***. Look a my past vehicles, number of posts and review my posts. I post and read to learn. I also agree, "Just saying"

·
Registered
140 Posts
The funny thing is I agree, don't give a s*** about fuel mileage. I put a 55 gal tank in and can go further that I need, that is what counts to me (have not ran low on $ since the service in 1970). I posted facts, some agree and some do not, again I do not give a s***. Look a my past vehicles, number of posts and review my posts. I post and read to learn. I also agree, "Just saying"
Yea i had a 90 gallon. Baffle failed so i had a custom 112 gallon made. Just made a 1200 mile trip and got 900 plus miles out of that 112 gallon tank pulling my 40' 5th wheel before the truck gauge began to move. 160 gallon total on board when full. They did a great job.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep, people brag about unrealistic mileage in these and other brand trucks. I got 20mpg downhill both ways to and from school :)

Now if you want to know the mileage ratings of these trucks they do have them they just are not published check out what the ratings are for the Chevy, Ram, and Ford trucks.

https://www.consumerreports.org/pickup-trucks/heavy-duty-pickup-truck-fuel-economy/

My truck has averaged 15.5 over its 51K miles.

-Enjoy

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'd love to get 15 mpg with my F450 but I knew when I got it that I would not -- that said I have seen 17 and 18 pulling my 5th wheel; of course going down hill from Raton Pass (I-25) with a tail wind to boot. Otherwise I plan on 9 to 10 pulling, maybe 13 if no wind solo. If the Kansas wind is blowing, knock a mile or two off of both of those.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd love to get 15 mpg with my F450 but I knew when I got it that I would not -- that said I have seen 17 and 18 pulling my 5th wheel; of course going down hill from Raton Pass (I-25) with a tail wind to boot. Otherwise I plan on 9 to 10 pulling, maybe 13 if no wind solo. If the Kansas wind is blowing, knock a mile or two off of both of those.
Yep, I feel 15.5mpg is excellent, my old explorer sport trac didn't do that good. I keep a running lifetime total for the truck, it is a F350 SRW CC longbed, and that is also with about 6000 miles of towing a 30ft bumper pull RV trailer, I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the 5th wheel yet. With the 30ft trailer I averaged around 10-12mpg depending on wind speed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pretty new, see milage in photo. Out driving around, putting 1000 miles on before hooking up trailer. Pleased with stop/go town mileage. Haven't stomped on the throttle yet, max speed in rural area has been 65mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
8mpg towing 17000lbs doing 78mph and smiling the whole time with the cruise on.....

I didn't buy a Prius.

·
Registered
140 Posts
8mpg towing 17000lbs doing 78mph and smiling the whole time with the cruise on.....

I didn't buy a Prius.
LOL!!!!! I'm with ya. I've always said...... they's a fuel station on every corner........ Wheel in and filler up!!! Get back in and hammer down!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My son bought a 2017 6.7 F250 and experienced the SAME mileage drop around 10,000 miles. He was getting 21-22, then drove it home to AZ from his base and it dropped to 12-14. He is REALLY pissed.

I had a customer last week also tell me he had a BIG drop in mileage in his 2017 6.7 - no explanation.

So I THINK this is going to become a popular complaint and I hope it gets explained soon.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
10,000 miles, change fuel filters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still getting great mileage

I bought my F250 last Jan (2017). Driving to Tucson and back from West Phoenix (mostly freeway with some in-town while in Tucson) I averaged about 18.5mpg. Around town these days, I get about 15.5mpg (still get 18+ on the highway). While on a trip last month we drove over 3700 miles from Phoenix-Holbrook-Santa Fe-Pueblo, CO-Mt. Rushmore-Devils Tower-Yellowstone-Bryce Canyon-Flagstaff-Phoenix. all but about 450 miles was driven pulling a 35' 15K 5th wheel. For the entire trip, I averaged 11.1mpg (3700.7mi/333.21gal). In Yellowstone, we drove about 280 miles over 2 days w/o the trailer and averaged 21.4 mpg (speeds in the 35-45 range). Over a 1 day trip thru Custer State Park, I averaged 18.4mpg. The truck just passed the 22K mark when we returned home. Last summer, we drove over 9K miles across country. for that trip, we averaged the same 11.1 mpg (9109.5mi/819.092gal).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 F250 crew cab 4x4 Lariat with 6.7 diesel. Went to Colorado from Missouri this summer with four adults, plenty of gear and pulling a small single wheel open trailer with two fulll size motorcycles on it. 12.8 MPG. Very disappointed. Of course we did run 80+ MPH in Kansas and Colorado but also included several hundred miles without the trailer once in Colorado. Since new according to the computer it has averaged 15.8 mpg however I use fuelly.com with every fill-up and actually have averaged right at 15. My similarly configured 2016 F250 did at least 1 MPG better all around. My 2014 Cummins averaged 17.5 MPG. When I tow I either tow a small and light single wheel open trailer or a car trailer so total trailer weight is generally from 1,000 to 7,000 lbs. In summary I think the Ford 6.7 diesel gets lousy fuel economy. My son had a similar experience with a 2011 Cummins vs a 2014 Power Stroke.

On a side note I had a 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel that I was VERY happy with. It got as high as 28 MPG on the highway. I towed a minivan from central Indiana to southern Missouri and got 18 MPG while running 5 over the speed limit most of the way. I don’t remember the exact numbers but I believe it averaged around 22 during the time I had it. I traded it because of reliability concerns but all in all the best all around truck I’ve had. Plenty of power for pulling up to 7000 lbs (I know it can handle more...that’s just what I used it for) and great fuel economy pulling or driving without a trailer. I’ve considered the new F150 diesel but have not been overly impressed with the research I’ve done.

·
Registered
75 Posts
you can't compare a Cummins with a Power stroke. One is a 6 cylinder the other 8. One has just over 300 hp and the other 440.

My mom gets 23 mpg with her 04 Cummins dually, and 19 towing a 3 horse slant. But I can pull the trailer a lot easier and I haven't had to replace 2 transmission and the brakes 2 times. An she only has 75,000 miles on it.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts