The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 that I put a 2.5" lift on with 35x12.50R20's on and this code is now pulling. I know its saying the axel and tire is out of calibration which I would think is an easy fix but the Ford dealers are telling me that they can fix this issue. This has to be complete BS because even the dealers are lifting this trucks and selling them. There is no way they are selling them with the check engine lights on so any thoughts on how to get this addressed? Just keep going to different dealers? Located in Scottsdale AZ.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Your dealer is correct. Once upon a time we could reconfigure the appropriate modules to reflect the tire size by calculating "revolutions per mile" and even then there were limits. Now, all we can do is choose from a list of available tire sizes presented which include only the available production tire and wheel sizes for that model. I will only add that I have not looked into this for quite a while so I am assuming this is still the case. If I get the opportunity to check in the short tem I will do so. I understand that there are aftermarket solutions for this concern...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check with Rodeo Ford in Goodyear. They had a lifted F350 with at least 35" tires. I wasn't interested in a lifted truck, but was curious how they could sell a truck configured like that given that everything is tied to computer programming. They said that they reprogram the computers and all works as it should.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took it to another dealer and found a service writer who got it. He took care of it in less than an hour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts