03_F250XLT_2_SFoTSD17.jpg

F-350 Lariat:
04_F350Lar_1_SFoTSD17.jpg
05__F350Lar_2_SFoTSD17.jpg

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There was only one truck open, a F-450 Platinum with a gooseneck attached. There were two representatives nearby to help, you weren't allowed in the truck, but could reach in with a camera.

F-450 Platinum, door panel with wood trim and buttons:
06_F450Plat_Door_SFoTSD17.jpg

The new, huge, moonroof:
07_F450Plat_Roof_SFoTSD17.jpg

Upper center console:
08_F450Plat_UpperSwitches_SFoTSD17.jpg

Center stack with 8" screen, controls:
09_F450Plat_CenterStack_SFoTSD17.jpg

Steering wheel and controls:
10_F450Plat_Wheel_SFoTSD17.jpg

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The same F-450 Platinum, continued:

Left knee buttons, headlights, mirror lights:
11_F450Plat_LeftButtons_SFoTSD17.jpg

Center cup holder. The leftt-hand set of rings slides to the right to expose a large rectangular tray:
12_F450Plat_CenterTray_SFoTSD17.jpg

Rear underseat deck. The flat panel folds up to provide a storage area (60/40 split) under the rear seats, each side can be locked individually. This is the new stowed option, showing the largest flattest loading area:
13_F450Plat_RearDeck_SFoTSD17.jpg

A really badly focuses photo from a different angle of the upper center console with the six upfitter switches:
14_F450Plat_FuzzyButtons_SFoTSD17.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
I like the overhead upfitters & the gigantic moonroof

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same F-450 Platinum, continued.

The bottom of the trailer tow mirrors, showing the camera and LED work light on each side:
15_F450Plat_MirrorBottom_SFoTSD17.jpg

Tailgate, bumper, and tail lights:
16_F450Plat_Tailgate_SFoTSD17.jpg

Detail of tailgate handle with two cameras:
17_F450Plat_HandleCams_SFoTSD17.jpg

Left side of license plate with 7-pin and 12-pin connectors:
18_F450Plat_PlateLeft_SFoTSD17.jpg

Right side of license plate with key lock:
20_F450Plat_PlateRight_SFoTSD17.jpg

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same truck, Last photos --

The attachable, but apparently wired, back of trailer camera:
21_F450Plat_TrailCam_SFoTSD17.jpg

"The Badge":
22_F450Plat_Badge_SFoTSD17.jpg

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Wow 12 pin! Now is that an indicator of the big boy trailers they plan on this thing towing or are they using the extra pins for camera connectivity? I was assuming that camera was going to wire into a wireless module you also mounted on the trailer.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some answers and verbiage now:

These are not my opinions. These are words of representatives at the SuperDuty display at the State Fair of Texas. I, the original poster, have no opinions pro or con any of this.

With that out of the way --

"When does the all-new Ford Super Duty go on sale?"

The all-new Super Duty goes on sale in fall 2016.

"How many engines will the new Super Duty have?"

Like today's Super Duty, the next Super Duty will offer customers a choice of several engines depending on pickup truck or chassis cab model. They
include:
• 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 diesel (pickup and chassis cab)
• 6.2-liter V8 gasoline engine (pickup and chassis cab)
• 6.8-liter V10 gasoline engine (chassis cab only)

We are introducing a new six-speed TorqShift-G transmission for the F-250 pickup truck with the 6.2-liter V8 gasoline engine, enabling improved capability, lower weight and improved fuel economy.

"Why didn't you use an 8-speed or 10-speed transmission?"

Our six-speed transmission is capable of all of the capability and efficiency requirements for our heavy-duty pickup truck and chassis cab customers.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow 12 pin! Now is that an indicator of the big boy trailers they plan on this thing towing or are they using the extra pins for camera connectivity? I was assuming that camera was going to wire into a wireless module you also mounted on the trailer.
Interesting questions, I wish I knew. The reps on site didn't have answers for that, had generally been trained to the standard FAQ.

The first guy didn't know that the storage box under the rear seat folded down flat, and asked how I knew about that. Had to tell him I saw it on the Ford website / YouTube the night before. :icon_cool::beer_yum:

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From materials at the site:

SUPER DUTY SMART FEATURES

1. 360 Degree Camera View: Uses exterior cameras to monitor all four sides of vehicle and provide a bird's-eye view to assist with parking and maneuvering in tight spots and narrow driving conditions
  2. Adaptive Front Steering: Reduces the amount of steering input needed to change direction at low speed, while reducing sensitivity to steering input necessary at higher speeds and helps make towing the heaviest of loads easier with increased confidence
  3. Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation: For pickup truck only. ACC uses vehicle sensing radar to automatically slow the truck during driving at speeds above 20 mph. Adaptive Cruise Control with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke engine also utilizes the engine brake to smartly assist drivers towing heavy trailers
  4. BLIS (Blind Spot Integration System) with Cross Traffic Alert and trailer tow: Uses radar hidden in the tail lights to detect a vehicle entering a driver's blind spot while driving or behind while the vehicle is backing up.
  5. BoxLink: Combination of metal brackets and custom cleats that can be used to secure a variety of accessories in the cargo box, from ramps and storage to bed dividers.
  6. Customer Placed Trailer Camera: New camera that can be customer mounted on a trailer to improve visibility while backing up by showing the camera image in the center stack display.
  7. Flat Load Floor: Fully flat floor behind front seats makes it easy to load large items in the SuperCab and Crew Cab configurations.
  8. High-wattage Power Outlets in Cab: The new Super Duty features one or two combined 400-watt, 110-volt high-power outlets in the cab, allowing drivers to easily charge or run corded tools, battery chargers or mobile devices on-site or while driving between locations.
  9. LED Lighting: Headlights and Taillights: Provide excellent night time visibility. LED Spotlights on Side View Mirrors: Powerful, durable and bright LED lights included in back of side mirrors that provide improved lighting around the exterior of the truck long after the sun has set. LED Cargo Box Lighting: Makes it easy to find tools and other items after the sun sets.
  10. Multicontour Front Seats: Helps hard working Super Duty customers relax with Active Motion massage capability.
  11. Remote Tailgate Lock and Release: Tailgate can be locked/unlocked and opened with the key fob, eliminating manual locking and increasing convenience and security. The tailgate also is damped, dropping gently down, hands-free, to a flat position when opened.
  12. Smart Trailer Tow Module: Utilizes all-new smart trailer tow wiring harness that helps identify and inform the driver of potential trailer connectivity issues that previously required a walk around of the truck and trailer to identify. This includes truck-trailer connectivity state, burned or unlit trailer marker lamps and brake lights and trailer battery faults.
  13. Trailer Reverse Guidance: Uses cameras to provide customers with multiple views and real-time coaching guidance while maneuvering a trailer
  14. Second Row Inflatable Seatbelt: Works like a traditional belt but includes a tubular airbag which inflates in the event of a crash and distributes the force of the impact across a wider area of the passenger's chest.
  15. Trailer TPMS: Customers can check trailer tire pressures from the comfort of the cab while stopped or on the highway, helping improve trailer efficiency and safety.
  16. Next-Generation Tailgate Step: Takes our industry-first innovation to the next level by packaging all parts of the step into the tailgate. This creates a smooth / flat tailgate when folded down.
Other features include:

• SYNC3
  • Cab high mount stop light camera: New camera to help making hitching a gooseneck or fifth-wheel trailer easy
  • 8-inch productivity screen: Includes updated truck apps - from fuel economy to towing tips – and the ability to create a customized home screen for customers to access their most frequently used apps in one place.
  • Rear under-seat storage: Two storage bins underneath the rear seats in Super and Crew cabs that provide hidden storage for valuables.
  • Lane Departure Warning: Designed to help detect unintentional drifting of the vehicle outside the intended driving lane. It does so by automatically detecting the left- or right-hand road lane markings using a camera mounted between the windshield and the interior rearview mirror.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Wow...thanks Manowell. Those pictures are definitely better than the hint pictures previously posted elsewhere. I really like a lot of what I see. Things that didnt' really look so good in the hint pictures, look better from a real person point of view.

But the fender badge still is a bit overboard. It kinda screams at you. I do like the other horizontal one though with the 6.7L PowerStroke. That one looks nice.

I also don't like the satellite antenna placement between the clearance lights. It makes the whole top look unbalanced. The antenna by itself (without the clearance lamps), or the clearance lamps without the antenna would probably be fine, but both make it look lopsided.

The front end, from the two pictures of the gray and red truck look pretty nice. Not near as bad as the hint pictures. Again, I think it's the real person perspective that makes it look better. Overall I think Ford did a decent job with the new layout. I was hesitant to post anything until I saw something like this. And you done good. Now I would love to see one in person. My wife may not want that, but hey...that's what weekend "trips to the parts store" are for!

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow...thanks Manowell. Those pictures are definitely better than the hint pictures previously posted elsewhere. I really like a lot of what I see. Things that didnt' really look so good in the hint pictures, look better from a real person point of view.
I have to agree with you on this. I liked the badging moved "up top" and horizontal on my '11, this seems a little blingy. Until you see what everybody else is doing, I guess.

From the camo/hint pictures, I wasn't sure they were going to keep the dip in the front side window lines, which I view as a Ford truck signature item, and I was going to be sad about that if the line went straight. So I'm happy it didn't. And just a touch of the Tundra-esqe flip up in the window line at the back, which is direction they all seem to be going.

I like the new dually fender line, as well, but I don't drive a dually and seem to be in the minority based on other comments. :cool:

I'm excited about the camera and LED lighting features that I've had on other vehicles for a couple of years and have been wanting on my next truck.

I wasn't aware until I got home and decided to edit and upload photos just how many useful pictures I didn't take. The reps were somewhat edgy and defensive about us being around the one truck that was unlocked, and I was moving too fast.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Looks better than the camo previews. A GMC without the fender flares.
It appears to be all new dash, sunroof, interior, etc. Quite a change. I like the electronics packages. How about the weight? Is it all aluminum?

The overhead console looks like it came out of a Boeing.

They're going to kick butt with this truck.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How about the weight? Is it all aluminum?
For the long answer, look at the Ford site here.

Short answer: They shaved off a lot of weight with aluminum-alloy body and bed, then put all but 350 lbs of it back into fully-boxed through-welded frame, bigger brakes, axles, and suspension.

So, significant weight savings, but nowhere near as dramatic as the F-150 version.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Heh...I remember when the '11 came out, I saw it at a show here in Houston. They did not have it unlocked, so you could only see the outside. Really disappointing. And yeah, they didn't like pictures being taken. But really...that's what the shows are for. If you want to sell something, let people look at it for criminy sakes!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Did you notice if they had push button start (not that I really want that, have mixed feelings.) It would be nice if they had made those 2 extra upfitter switches momentary switches for devices like transfer tanks and bed covers.

·
Registered
171 Posts
They do have push button start. I think it's on the Lariat and higher trims.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does anyone think the new Super Duty truck line looks like a Chevy in front? To me it is starting to look more like a Chevy in front. Everything else looks good so far. I like the towing options they seem to be coming out with.
DJ

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is a bummer. I like the hard lines of the current Ford vs Chevy and Dodge. These rounded panels suck. I was hoping for a tough looking truck with engine mods that made it louder so I actually knew I was driving a diesel. A silent diesel and piping sound into the mustangs through the speakers just doesn't seem right. Do they not notice that most who mod vehicles do so in part to make them sound louder and more powerful? I can't see myself buying a 2017 Superduty and that stinks because now I may have to wait until the next significant change in 2020 or later. Hope my '15 lasts a while or I will be looking at the dark side.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts