The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
In the F150 line the best value/option trim is the Platinum 701a. KR when equally optioned cost more, but you don't get more. The leather is no longer special in KR either, that stopped in 2009 or so, the leather is pretty much the same type as all the rest, but of higher quality, however, Platinum, Limited, and King Ranch leathers are the same type, just the color sets them apart.

Prior to 2019 an F150 Limited was nothing special over the Platinum. You got ugly 22" wheels, lower payload, no towing package, ugly leather colors and gawdy lettering on the hood. 2019 Ford made the Limited truly limited with the HO 3.5EB.

The Superduty line is pretty much the same as the prior 2019 F150 choices. It comes down to badges. The seating is pretty much just a different color and some badges between the top three. Best bet is to just price them out option for option and see where the prices fall and if you want to pay more for the look, because that is pretty much all the differences are, the looks.

I had priced out an XLT and was able to build one with all the cameras and such that I can only get in the top line Lariat and up F150's, and that makes a huge difference with the Superduties, you don't need a top trim truck to get useful tools.

I have a 2012 F350 King Ranch now, and the leather is nothing like the Aniline died stuff of prior years, it is softer than Lariat seats with a thinner top coat, but unlike the prior years, is top coated, and does need special care products to maintain it, but nothing like the real King Ranch seats are like. I was a bit surprised at that. The seats in my Platinum are pretty close to the same leather, just a different color. Easiest way to tell it has a top coat is when applying the conditioner, is if the color darkens or not, and it doesn't in my KR.

So in the SD trim choices is pretty much up to what a person likes more than anything as the top three trims don't offer anything special other than color and badges between them, but any one of them is much nicer than a Lariat. Nothing wrong with Lariat, but once you have had one of the upper trims, the lariat just feels cheap.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I’ve driven the 6.7 a lot since my father owns one. They are definitely nice. I know the 2019 will be more than I will ever need.
I was just thinking since the 2020 is right around the corner and it has the new 10 speed plus some more power should I wait for it.
Do the new trucks need a 10 speed? I’ve heard the new engine improvements give some extra mpg as well? I also saw that the truck will be a little lower to the ground. Not really wanting that 😕 I like how the 19 sits.
Hi Torquen,
Just curious. Which truck did you end up getting?

Cheers,

21 - 22 of 22 Posts