The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an F350 back in March, have the DORA but haven't gotten a VIN or build date yet. Hopefully will soon assuming KTP opens on 5/18 as planned. Is there any way to track an order before the VIN is assigned? I have owned '93, '01, and '12 PowerStrokes, really looking forward to this one!

I was active on this site when it was Ford-Diesel, excited to be back!

·
Registered
99 Posts
no, you need the VIN in order to track.

Even once you get the VIN its pretty lame, basically it will give you a super long delivery date and then all of the sudden it shows up, lol. It will tell you though exactly the date and time of when it was built which is kinda cool. Mine was a Thursday.

You'll love the new super duty. When they moved to the aluminum body they really beefed up these frames and added alot of strength where it counts.

My dad has the gasser 10 speed and so far loves it. I have driven it and it is smooth. He got a lariat with chrome package and bigger tires, it looks pretty sick. All black with big ol chrome rims and good size meats wrapped around them.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OUCH - they are telling me won't build until AUGUST for early September delivery! Not a happy camper right now!

·
Registered
14 Posts
OUCH - they are telling me won't build until AUGUST for early September delivery! Not a happy camper right now!
Wierd, hopefully that is an attempt to under promise and over deliver, been seeing a few trucks moving along on the order tracking thread on FTE. Mine is still saying "scheduled to week"

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not to rub it in but I got mine in 5 weeks from the time I placed my order for my 19.

One way to look at it, your not making payments right now.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How did you spec your F-350?
2020 F350 Platinum Long Bed SRW (713A) 176" Wheelbase W3B

Exterior Color N1 Blue Jeans Metallic
Interior 7B Black

Options
Order Code Description

99T/44G 6.7L Power Stroke with 10 speed automatic
X3H 3.31 Electronic locking axle
41H Block Heater
67B 397 Amp Alternator
53W 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep
592 LED Roof Clearance Lights
85S Tough Bed Spray-in Bedliner
41A Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater
66S Upfitter Switches
16S Floor Mats, All Weather
653 Individual Trailer TPMS/Customer-Placed Trailer Camera
61S Splash Guards/Mud Flaps (Front)
62S Splash Guards/Mud Flaps (Rear)
15J Gooseneck Hitch Kit

·
Registered
99 Posts
dang a platinum!!!

I could only afford an XL, maybe thats why it only took 5 weeks to get, lol. It was probably laying around in the weeds at the factory and they slapped a motor in it and sent her down the line.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ford is still telling dealer that truck will be built in August, but still no VIN or official build date yet! :mad: Well over 3 months since DORA received!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts