The Diesel Stop banner

$220.00 on mud flaps. Why me

7K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  F350Lariat 
#1 ·
So I have to have mud flaps. I don't like them very much, but my state law requires flpas as some of you already know. So is $220.00 way to much to spend? These are the only ones I can find that will cover my wheels and seem decent. They also come of easy which is nice.

http://www.proflaps.com/DetailsSelect.cfm?ID=402

If you know of any others let me know.

http://www.proflaps.com/results.cfm?Category=LiftKits

The flaps on the Green Ford look nice but I can't seem to find those maybe there the ones on the white CHevy but they look different.

#2 ·
Bimmer,

I think that is a little much to spend on mud flaps. I went to Napa Auto Parts and looked around the "big rig" side of the store. I found some real simple hangers that slide on and off with just a cotter pin. Then you can chose from any of the mud flaps that they have. I had to put the big ugly ones that said Napa on them just to be a little more odd. They covered a set of 44 TSL's on my F150 no problem.

Will

#3 ·
yea, WAY to much money....Napa or just make your own! Just a piece of angle iron off the frame and bolt a rubber flap on. You can pick up flaps at pepboys, autozone, but your best bet would be to find a truck stop...maybe even cheapest way

#4 ·
I agree with Will. That's a little high... and you might want to take him up on looking at a place that sells the ones for big trucks. My holders aren't as fancy as those but the flaps themselves are just basically big sheets of rubber that I buy at truck shops for 5-10 bucks a piece. You can get fancy patterned ones or plain rubber and it's regular equipt. for those trucks so they don't get marked up like the same things will for pick up owners that need special sized stuff...

#5 ·
I just went to camping world and bought their mud flaps. I have to buy some angle iron but it will do the trick.

#6 ·
I would agree, go to a 'big rig' store (6 States, etc...) and they will have removable ones for alot cheaper. If you've got a rear receiver hitch that has the 3"X3" square tube exposed on the sides you could make your own by mounting mud flaps to a piece of lite square stock that would slide into the sides of the reciever. Could pin them with about anything you could think of. Just some ideas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

#7 ·
Maybe $220 would be good for the best mud flaps you've ever seen, but it's way too much for those flaps in the link. Just go to a truck stop and pick them up. I've seen them as cheap as $12.99 each for plain black. You can cut them to fit sometimes to make them look better. My brother picked up one big rig flap off the side of the road and made two flaps for his Grand Cherokee.
Personally I'd make them as small as legally possible because I don't like the look of them flappers covering that much of the rear. But there are a bunch of folks out there who do like it.

FWIW, there is a guy here in Alameda that has big ass clear lexan flappers that make his 44s legal.

#8 ·
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, there is a guy here in Alameda that has big ass clear lexan flappers that make his 44s legal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have seen that guy...haha

-Casey

#9 ·
You get what you pay for, call and talk to Reagan, I believe, and he can tell you what makes a material quality and what makes it cheap.

Yes, they are a lot of money then again so was your ticket(s)!!!!

#11 ·
i just bought a pair for my dually from our local big rig store (woodpecker) for $18 each and then went to the local truck stop (jubitz) and got some chrome weights for $10 each so now i have 18" wide flaps with nice looking weights for $56, just need to get em mounted since i got rid of the lame angle iron mount's that were on the truck when i bought it....

#12 ·
I dont see any Flying Ladies on those mud flaps and Flying Ladies are just pimpin in my opinion.

#15 ·
My local 4x4 shop sells them for $60 per pair. They are made out of the same material as ProFlaps with stainless steel weights. A local guy buys the weights, makes the flaps, and sells them to the shop. ProFlaps are ridiculously priced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.