The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2010 6.4l f250. I have a S&b cold air intake, fully deleted, have just 3.5" straight pipe underneath, sct x4 tuned. I am worried that the 250hp tune is too much on stock head studs and stock transmission. It runs like a dream. I do alot of maintenance to the truck. Wanting to hear from a few guys with alot of experience and knowledge on the subject. And also wondering what other upgrades would be good for the truck, not to make more powerful per say, it already has enough for me, but too make a safer high horsepower truck.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If you drive sensibly then it should be fine. Sometimes with tuning though it brings out hidden problems. How long have you been running the delete tuning?

As for other stuff, coolant filter helps with reliability of the cooling system. Some people upgrade the low pressure fuel pump with an air dog or equivalent. I haven't done mine yet. I just drain my water separator frequently. Not running super extended oil changes with out oil analysis is important. You could change out the cold side inter cooler pipe. Not gonna do anything for reliability but helps a tad with air flow. You have to grind the rad support a bit for that one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had the truck for around 6 months and had it tuned for a little over 5. Truck is a beast no doubt. I already ordered intercooler, I looked into the fass, but seems you don't really need it unless running over 600rwhp. And I'm not there I'm at around 520-540 range. I do maintenan e religiously. Change oil every 5k, and fuel filter every 10k. I don't think I need arp studs really but if I ever blow a head gasket, they will be going in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Which tune? Im looking for something that doesn't break your back shifting. PM me if you don't feel comfortable saying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts