The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI All - my '01 F350 is about 12,000-13,000 lbs, depending on the day. It is SRW 4x4 extended cab long bed. All stock. I am running 265/75r16 goodyear wrangler tires with Kevlar. They have been ok, but I need to inflate them to 80 psi in order for the truck to not swim around on the road due to all the weight I carry. I am thinking about going to 285/75r16s - perhaps BFG All terrain KO2s, but am reading that while there should not be any rubbing issues, the tire manufactures recommend a 7.5" wide wheel for that size tire, while the stock wheels at 7".

However, many people run 285s on the stock 2001 wheels and have no issue. My question is, will I have any issues fully inflating 285s on a 7" rim? I am drawn to the 285s because they have a greater load rating than the 265s...but I predict that I will need to inflate them to max.

Please share any thoughts you may have. It sucks that they went with 16" wheels back then....make upgrades very limited w/o a bunch of modifications....

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Your GVW is 10K, why do you exceed by 20-30%?
Get a 450 or 550 if your going to load it like that, or a trailer.
Sure there is margin in the rating but you are entirely too far off the reservation.
Your going to hurt someone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts