The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
" Hi......my name is Joe and I just bought a Prius and I was able to put a Christmas tree on the roof of my car and actually get it home.

Needless to say Joe spent an hour tying the tree to his car with 50ft of rope while the kids and I pulled up next to him, tossed our tree in the back of the truck, and then drove off... and still managed to maintain my 14mpg. LOL

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I thought Prius owners used artificial trees. Being the tree huggers they are.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have been pretty happy with my mpg so far. I get between 16 and 17.5 around town and 18.5 to 21 on the hwy. Around 10mpg towing. I know I just got my truck Feb 15th but I already have 3500 miles on it :eek:
That's a lot of mile for less than a month. What's your hour meter show? Have you ever shut off the truck?

I have 1850 on mine since the 21st of February. Love it more everyday. Just hope its as good as my '05 6.0.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The best that I've ever got was 22mpg on I 40 heading east to Albuquerque, NM.

2011 F350 LB KR FX4

·
Registered
318 Posts
That's a lot of mile for less than a month. What's your hour meter show? Have you ever shut off the truck?

I have 1850 on mine since the 21st of February. Love it more everyday. Just hope its as good as my '05 6.0.
I'll have to check my hour meter. The mileage is unusual for me. I have been doing some runs between Tampa and Murphy NC and it drove my usage up.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
The best I have ever done is 21.5mpg, empty, cruse set 65mph, flat highway, no traffic

·
Registered
569 Posts
34 MPG with the 6.7

People are paying $60k?, lol.

I go by tank avg ( fill up to fill up). Coasting down hill isn't telling me what my fuel bill is each month.

I have 355s, 20", crewcab 4x4. I can get 14 per tank or I can get 18-19 per tank. In Texas that 18-19mpg is 10 under the speed limit, btw. I believe a 2wd can get better with lower rear gears or sure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I think that the trucks are not the same truck we "buy off the showroom floor". They came from Ford for this publicity stunt. Special fuels, tire pressures, and tunes would be expected.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
It seems that every vehicle I get, I'm sucking hind t!t on fuel economy. I've got a 2012 Goldwing that I've made 3, 3000 mile trips to VA and back and it gets a constant 35 ~ 36 mpg; most on the GL1800 web site claim 40 and better; it was the same way with my '04 g/wing. My E-350 7.3 SD is consistently 13 mpg but once in a great while she'll get 15. Some on the forum for vans, here, claim 20 and better. My wife's '09 Rogue is consistent at 23 ~ 25, but on the Rogue board, quite a few report 35. Now here, even though I've only got 1400 on the truck, the instant fuel economy gauge reads 12 ~ 14 and this thread has some members posting upper teens and mid twenty's. Just once, it would be nice to be one of those reporting high mileage.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It seems that every vehicle I get, I'm sucking hind t!t on fuel economy. Now here, even though I've only got 1400 on the truck, the instant fuel economy gauge reads 12 ~ 14 and this thread has some members posting upper teens and mid twenty's. Just once, it would be nice to be one of those reporting high mileage.
Get on the hiway, set the cruise at 65, then hold the reset button on the fuel milage gauge. you will see better fuel milage. Idle time kills the fuel calculator. I dont get upset when the calc goes low because the average kills you every time. 20mpg on mine at 65 on the fwy. nice for a dually.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Hi POPS; I've tried that. On a reset, it'll jump to 15, but won't stay there. Hopefully after it gets a few more miles on it, it should improve a few mpg's. But it's been my experience on a LOT of new vehicles, 2 - 4 will be about all I can expect. That should get me to about 16 mpg empty. I can't imagine how low it'll drop when I hit the Wyoming mountains this summer with an 11,000 pound trailer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wait a minute! After an active regen every 100 miles, there ain't no friggin' way you guys can honestly calculate those high numbers. Assuming a regen uses 2 gal fuel, now figure your mpg.................

·
Registered
569 Posts
34 MPG with the 6.7

Get on the hiway, set the cruise at 65, then hold the reset button on the fuel milage gauge. you will see better fuel milage. Idle time kills the fuel calculator. I dont get upset when the calc goes low because the average kills you every time. 20mpg on mine at 65 on the fwy. nice for a dually.
Lol. Of course. I can hold down the reset every time I go down hill and coast, then not worry about it. It's an easy 24mpg. But for some reason I'm not getting 600 miles a tank (26 gal tank), I wonder why? That can't be right. I get 24 mpg!!

That's not seeing better mileage, that's getting your computer to only show you the good numbers. It's called denial.

Fill up to fill up is what your mileage is. Resetting it to feel better about your mileage doesn't make your fuel bill lower.

·
Registered
569 Posts
34 MPG with the 6.7

Hi POPS; I've tried that. On a reset, it'll jump to 15, but won't stay there. Hopefully after it gets a few more miles on it, it should improve a few mpg's. But it's been my experience on a LOT of new vehicles, 2 - 4 will be about all I can expect. That should get me to about 16 mpg empty. I can't imagine how low it'll drop when I hit the Wyoming mountains this summer with an 11,000 pound trailer.
How fast you driving? It won't stay there cause it knows better. It knows how much fuel you have and what you don't.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
How fast you driving? It won't stay there cause it knows better. It knows how much fuel you have and what you don't.

Hi Houston. Heck, I don't speed; I usually set the cruise on the speed limit. When I tow, it's usually ~60 - 65 on the interstate.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
We have an E320 CDI with nearly 100K on the clock. Gets 38-39.5 on the highway running 70-75mph. Never been an issue. 32 around town.

Trucks are a different animal and fuel economy should never a reason to own one. Sure, you don't want to get 10mpg on a daily basis but it is a truck. 15-18 should be all you expect. Anything over 18 is icing on the cake.

Looking at a leftover '12 right now. May or may not pull the trigger again. Been a couple of years in gassers which have performed admirably (all 5.4's).

We'll see.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lol. Of course. I can hold down the reset every time I go down hill and coast, then not worry about it. It's an easy 24mpg. But for some reason I'm not getting 600 miles a tank (26 gal tank), I wonder why? That can't be right. I get 24 mpg!!

That's not seeing better mileage, that's getting your computer to only show you the good numbers. It's called denial.

Fill up to fill up is what your mileage is. Resetting it to feel better about your mileage doesn't make your fuel bill lower.

I don't reset all the time and i'm not trying to deny anything. Just saying that a reset once in a while gets rid of all the crappy averages you pile up in the equation. I don't run around reseting on the down hills boasting 30 mpg all the time, just once in a while on flat level ground its nice to get a new calculation going. It's the city stop and go and idle time that makes the computer show ugly numbers and I know it will, just like to know it still gets 20mpg when it's supposed to.

I don't reset all the time and i'm not trying to deny anything. Just saying that a reset once in a while gets rid of all the crappy averages you pile up in the equation. I don't run around reseting on the down hills boasting 30 mpg all the time, just once in a while on flat level ground its nice to get a new calculation going. It's the city stop and go and idle time that makes the computer show ugly numbers and I know it will, just like to know it still gets 20mpg when it's supposed to.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
We have an E320 CDI with nearly 100K on the clock. Gets 38-39.5 on the highway running 70-75mph. Never been an issue. 32 around town.

Trucks are a different animal and fuel economy should never a reason to own one. Sure, you don't want to get 10mpg on a daily basis but it is a truck. 15-18 should be all you expect. Anything over 18 is icing on the cake.

Looking at a leftover '12 right now. May or may not pull the trigger again. Been a couple of years in gassers which have performed admirably (all 5.4's).

We'll see.
Didn't buy it for the fuel economy and it really never entered my mind. As I posted, just don't see how all these members get such great fuel mileage and I NEVER get close to what they get. No complaints, love the truck, and will live with economy, or lack thereof.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts