The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the 2.5 Icon Leveling kit installed on my 2011 superduty soon, but I really want to fit 37's on the truck after the lift. Is there anyone that only has a leveling kit with 37's or can you only fit 35's, So far I havnt seen any, but that would be a great help if I could find some proof that I can fit 37's with just the 2.5 on front.
thanks,

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Part of it might depend on wheel width and backspacing. I saw a 2010 with 37s the other day and didnt seem to have much of a lift, but it was using factory rims which I think is only 7". It did look great though! The tires filled up the wheel well nicely and looked stout. If I ever go back to a SRW that'll be the combo I try and go with, but would like to stick with only a 2.5 like you have.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am getting the 2.5 Icon Leveling kit installed on my 2011 superduty soon, but I really want to fit 37's on the truck after the lift. Is there anyone that only has a leveling kit with 37's or can you only fit 35's, So far I havnt seen any, but that would be a great help if I could find some proof that I can fit 37's with just the 2.5 on front.
thanks,
Post some pic after you install the leveling kit. Did the kit change how the truck handles or rides?

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have been researching this recently. First off it seems that the actual lift height varies between companies and a 2.5" kit could be more or less than 2.5" depending on who the manufacture is. I have narrowed it down to ReadyLift and Icon. I am leaning towards Readylift because I want to keep my factory ordered HD springs. With both the 37's will fit a 2.5" but you will most likely encounter rubbing depending on wheel/tire combo. The 35's seem to be a better fit. I want to run 37 Toyo's because they have a higher load rating than the 35's. I would prefer the 2.5" but it looks like the 3.5" SST is the best option even though I am not excited about the shock extensions. I guess I will get new shocks at a later date. The icon 4.5" is probably the best solution if money is not a factor and you have no need to maintain your factory ride.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
JFresh, even the stock height guys like me are finding that upgrading the shocks to be well worth the money (Ill let you know if I can ever get mine in stock) so I definitely would add upgraded shocks to your future mods and ditch the extensions and OEM shocks. The idea of "extensions" don't sound good to me either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you are only doing 2.5" you should go with 35s. That's what I had on my '08 f250 and it looked really awesome.
My new 2011 I ended up going with a 7" and 37s.
With a 2.5" lift 37s would definitely rub.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've seen a few trucks with 4.5 inch lifts and 37s and they say they do not rub. My plan for spring is 4.5inch carli lift with 37s.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
35 Posts
does this answer your question????

This is a 2.5" Leveling Kit, 37x13.50x20 Toyo MT's, factory 20" Lariat Wheels

·
Registered
6 Posts
does this answer your question????

This is a 2.5" Leveling Kit, 37x13.50x20 Toyo MT's, factory 20" Lariat Wheels

Did you change out the blocks in the rear to raise it or left the 250 blocks in place? How do the 13.50 wide tires fit on the stock rims? I belieive they are only 8" wide.

Thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
You can probably get away with 37x13.50s without rubbing on the inner fender and bumper with some minor trimming and "adjusting." However it's just about guaranteed they they will rub on the control arms if you retain the stock wheels. P8ntballn2 will have to answer on that.

I ran 37x13.50-20s with aftermarket wheels on my 2005 F-250 with a 4 inch kit. It required trimming of the plastic lip on the bottom of the bumper and pulling the inner fender back to eliminate rub during everyday driving. I don't remember the wheel backspacing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can someone contact p8ntballn2 and ask him to contact me about the way he set up this truck please
Thanks
Kuruk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts