The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, It's not what you think, the guy across the street for me has a 96 PS that is running on just the drivers side. We checked the exhaust temps with a infared and all cylinders on the passenger side were cold. The fuel system is way different than on mine, I was woundering if it is possible to have fuel to one head and not the other? any ideas?
Thanks for your help
Steve

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Wire harness or/and burn't pins shorting out the side. remove the oil fill cap and sniff with the truck OFF. Burn't smell means 'Parts from International time'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, It's not what you think, the guy across the street for me has a 96 PS that is running on just the drivers side. We checked the exhaust temps with a infared and all cylinders on the passenger side were cold. The fuel system is way different than on mine, I was woundering if it is possible to have fuel to one head and not the other? any ideas?
Thanks for your help
Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Just pull the plugs that plug into the valve cover gaskett (two on the inside of each valve cover) if it is burnt at all glow plug shorted back and need to pull valve cover, replace at LEAST burnt plug and any other damage such as plugs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys
I called him and he pulled the connectors. I went over there and we both agree that the back one smells just a little burnt. The back one was also very wet with engine oil, wasn't wet on the outside just the inside, looks like fresh engine oil. He's going to pull the valve covver tomorrow. It' been a while since I checked glow plugs, If I remember right, .6-6 ohms is good?
Thanks again
Steve

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, your answers were right on. The harness inside the valve cover was toast. Are the replacements new and improved?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just did mine I bought my parts from Ford cost me around $50 for the valve cover gasket and around $50 for the harness

1 - 6 of 6 Posts