The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the output shaft in the parts washer to soak the passages. I pul it out and get ready to blow it out. I find the office cup is just flappin’ away. Can’t stake it because the shaft is obviously hardened. Can’t find one word of this ever happening on the net.
It’s not in the trans diagram. Guess I’ll be spending time calling machine shops. Total pain.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Frickin unreal with this thing! I tear it down and the hub to gear gear planetary housing has no snap ring holding it together. Not in the case, not in the pan, no signs that it got chewed to dust. It just wasn’t there. I start calling people who fix automatic transmissions everyday and have been for decades and it’s, “ Come on, I know you are a jokester but..” and or “ No, Never seen or heard of that”. Call transmission parts venders. “ Nope, We have never heard of that”..
I’m tellin’ ya all, This guy ran across Voodoo Mamma Ju Ju!!

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I put a small punch into its pocket. It was super super loose, readyto pop out. I lifted a punch almost all of the way out of the pocket. I dropped it and it made a baby thud. I said to myself, Nick, There is a ledge under there. I concurred. In perfect unison, we said, Me, let us look in your punch draw to see if one is just a wee larger than the inside of this pocket. Me said, Heck yeah boys, help yourselves. Would you two also care for some acetone and flange locker as well? We said, you rock. We washed her down, let dry, applied flange locker, tapped in larger punch, let sit for six hours, tapped punch sideways to remove.
The three of us did an awesome job.
Started reloading subassemblies and reverse clutches. Got a crick in the neck from reaching down and that far in. I asked both Nick and I, who had longer arms. Turns out all three of us have the same arm length. We held a meeting and came to the decision to close up, take some ibuprofen, drink some water and crank the AC.
Frickin awesome team!
White Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Rim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts