The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Squeeze lever. Piston will push on the clutch pack. While keeping the tip tight to the port and lever pulled, hold it there and listen for leaks or movement back. It should hold until you let off. Stack up clearance check on reverse pack is unnecessary per Ford and they do not list clearance on them.
I have a video but when I click on the landscape icon, it will only take me to my photos. I click around but it won’t allow me to access my videos.

8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s ok👍 Not telling me how to post a video does not effect me.
It effects the guy who wants to find out how. He will do an internet search. Will the Diesel Stop pop up first because it exists and was the most recent, ends up coming here and signing up? Nope because well…. You know why. He will click in another site that pops up.
Yet another reason why visitation and sign up is down.
Great business management 👍👍

8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s not mine. It’s a customers. It’s about 140k. It’s a restoration and upgrade project that I’ve been picking away at for 3 years between my other jobs.
I took the trans out when I sent the truck out to have the underside sand blasted. I noticed the solenoid shift pack connector had ATF in it and the shifter cable connection ball on the mechanical shift lever was corrosion eroded. I went in to take care of these items and decided to rip it apart. I found the the reverse planetary housing had no snap ring holding the ring gear housing and hub together. There was some subsequent shifting around of sub assemblies behind the center support that caused a bit of collateral scoring on the neck of the forward planetary. Il be doing a thread on that damage and correction tomorrow. I have done a thread or two on the upgrades to the tranny. I already did one on the missing snap ring on the ring gear to hub snap ring. You can do a site search for it.
I live in Norther Baltimore County. Did you move far away? If you need my services, you can private message me and I can get you my contact info.

8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I’m in Glen Arm. Fredric is west on RT.70. It’s about an hour from me.
Thanks for thinking of me but I’ve been at this for over 37 years now. I’ve done the dealerships and repair shops. I have a nice customer base and I am content.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts