The Diesel Stop banner
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,249 Posts
I would be willing, but I don't have the knowledge. I am not a transmission builder.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
I would be willing, but I don't have the knowledge. I am not a transmission builder.
Lol me either I’m just trying to learn. Well I’m gonna have to brainstorm something because I don’t wanna just trade my problems to be resolved for green paper lol, I wanna learn so I’ll have to see about making a transmission friends lol. Well thank you mark for letting me know and all the help you contributed I appreciate it deeply.

·
Premium Member
8,747 Posts
Good to see you back Logan🙂
As to the test stand, Did you order it from Amazon? Sonnax does not sell directly to customers? Also, ignore Summit racing’s add. It’s a “ Bait and Switch”. Venders have to pay Sonnax more for it than that for it. It’s an attempt to get you to their website to (A) Get your email by saying, “ We are out of them right now but we will email you when they are back in stock”, so they can send you advertisements. (B) So when you go to their site, You will buy other things. You want to get that stand reordered pronto so you don’t get into a spot by waiting on it and have that hold you up.
Can you hang a fingernail on those pump gears?
Did you check the clearances on the gears? Use your book,Logan.
Call the company that made that torque converter and tell them what happened with your trans getting contaminated with metal and you need to drain it to check for metal contamination.
Have you yet sent your engine radiator out to have the transcooler in it flushed on a machine, along with the cooler lines? If not, get on it.
Doin’ fine work young man. Keep it up

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Same to you lol.
1) I did order the stand off amazon most of my orders come from there. The shop has prime so it’s hard to beat the shipping.
2)I will get the stand re ordered as soon as possible. Probably today.
3)not sure what you mean by “hang a fingernail” I’ll post an image of them assuming you mean “thumbnail”
4)clearance is good.
5)I will call right after hitting “post reply” on my comment.
6)yes everything is flushed or new. No more metal in there.
7) thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,747 Posts
“ Can You Hang A Fingernail ON It?”is kinda a “term” question as it relates to someone asking another, “ If you were to run your fingernail, while pointing it straight down at the surface in question ( in your case, the faces of the gears), would your fingernail “ Hang” up or catch on the scoring of the surface. GENERALLY if so, that is a “ Fail” as a grade of a hydraulic component. You can get new gears from Sonnax for $40. They offer standard size as well as a higher volume oversized set which would require machining the pump so if you do need new gears, be careful as to which set you order.
I am at two different shops today but will check back on you when I have a few minutes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
“ Can You Hang A Fingernail ON It?”is kinda a “term” question as it relates to someone asking another, “ If you were to run your fingernail, while pointing it straight down at the surface in question ( in your case, the faces of the gears), would your fingernail “ Hang” up or catch on the scoring of the surface. GENERALLY if so, that is a “ Fail” as a grade of a hydraulic component. You can get new gears from Sonnax for $40. They offer standard size as well as a higher volume oversized set which would require machining the pump so if you do need new gears, be careful as to which set you order.
I am at two different shops today but will check back on you when I have a few minutes.
Ohhh gotcha. The pump rotors have small wear lines but nothing alarming or concerning just witness lines.

·
Premium Member
8,747 Posts
Last day of rest, hanging out with your buddies and playin’ kissy face with your girlfriend or whatever you slackin’ whipper snappers do these days.
Come Monday, get back on that transmission.
Chop Chop

Post Sonnax’s 4R100 parts page here.
There are some items that you need to get.
Do not worry. They are inexpensive.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts