The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new solenoid pack from a Ford dealer, part # F81Z-7G391-CB When I get it out of the box it has the same part number on it as the old one did....F81P-7G391-CC
Anyone had any experience with this?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Is there something wrong with the old one? Some of them are interchangeable

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yes TCC solenoid is open
New Solenoid pack ohms out good......

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Ok shouldn't be a problem then

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya just doesn't give me a good feeling putting the same part number back. I guess it lasted 15 years though so maybe not to worry!

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
But its not the same complete P/N, not that it should be a concern even if it were, or am I missing something?

The middle 5 digits is a Basic P/N that always stays the same. "7G391" indicates FORD transmission Solenoid.

The prefix is different, the suffix is different and AB to AC indicates it has been changed once.

When you have to worry is when you replace your worn-out Ford part with an aftermarket Chinese made part :winking:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The part number on the old part and the part number etched on the new part are the same (prefix suffix and all!)
The part number on the box is the new/different part number that is recommended by Ford to replace the solenoid pack with.
My truck falls in the date range where Ford recommends the new part number…….
The new part ohms out correctly so I guess it be OK it just puzzles me. I tend to think these things through too much probably! A lot of people would not have looked at the actual part and seen that the numbers were different.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
The part number on the old part and the part number etched on the new part are the same (prefix suffix and all!)
The part number on the box is the new/different part number that is recommended by Ford to replace the solenoid pack with.
My truck falls in the date range where Ford recommends the new part number…….
The new part ohms out correctly so I guess it be OK it just puzzles me. I tend to think these things through too much probably! A lot of people would not have looked at the actual part and seen that the numbers were different.
If you purchased a Ford Motorcraft part from a Ford Parts counter and the Actual part had a different complete number from what was stamped on the box then it should be taken back to Ford. They would appreciate this being brought to their attention.

When a part is superceded by a new version then you should get what you pay for.

Will the part you received actually cause a problem? It would depend on if that part were recalled for some reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts