The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So… The overdrive piston snap ring likes to blow off. Sonnax came up with a nice spiral ring that even has ends that lock onto the ring’s previous wrap. It’s impossible to blow off.
Problem is the compressor designed for this piston does not allow enough room to make the wraps. You must get creative DO NOT do what you see in videos( guys prying with screw drivers and such), you risk personal injury and damage to components. When you get the ring it comes with instructions. First thing is a big caution symbol. Then the warning. If you look at it you understand why. You watch the knuckleheads’ videos, you can just shake your head.
I went through all off my pullers and I found an arm that would fit and give me room. I used it in conjunction with a slide clamp.
Compress a section. Start the ring. Move the clamp, feed in and keep going. Make sure ends lock in. Instructions give you a picture of how the locks work but once it’s in your hands, it’s clear how they work.
Patience is a virtue. Posses it if you can.
Fluid Liquid Organism Font Freezing

·
Premium Member
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the end of the final wrap. If you look closely, right before the end of the ring, there is a cut out. That space goes over that raised hook like thing that is on the top of the previous wrap. That locks it in. The first wrap has the same set up. It’s one sweet sounding snap at the end when you have it right and it all locks in.
2 scoops of ice cream tonight.
Tire Helmet Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts