The Diesel Stop banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
@Mark Kovalsky Irate Diesel told me to use Dex 3/Mercon 5 tranny oil but didn’t recommend a specific brand. They use Raybestos GPZ clutches in their build. If you had to pick one specific brand, which one would it be?

·
Super Moderator
11,781 Posts
I would pick Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF. It's MERCON V.

You will have a hard time finding Dex3/Mercon 5 trans fluid because there is no such thing. They are wrong, or you misunderstood.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is from MOBIL 1'S WEBSITE

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF
Specifications and approvals

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF meets or exceeds the requirements of:

JASO 1-A
Ford MERCON® V

According to ExxonMobil, Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF is of the following quality level:

Allison C-4
General Motors DEXRON® IIIH
General Motors DEXRON® IIIG

General Motors DEXRON® IIE
General Motors DEXRON® IID
General Motors DEXRON® II
General Motors DEXRON®
Ford MERCON®
MAN 339 V1
Volvo 97340
Volvo 97341

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Probably misunderstood him, thanks

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Sorry it took me so long for an update, I went to night shift working 6 12s from October until the end of December... I finished the truck repairs in the beginning of October but due to working crazy hours it took me awhile to work out a few kinks. My review on the Dorsey Tranny, plain and simple I would buy it again. Chuck the builder took the time to answer a ton of my questions. He sent me custom tunes and tweaked them several times to get everything right. Irate diesel did a great job facilitating the transaction. Once I got my truck up and running I immediately noticed experienced axle wrap issues. I got a set of bolt on traction bars from Madd Dog Kustomz. Only stuff left is to figure out is my low MPG issues, turbo surge, and extremely loud turbo whistle. Ill be starting a different thread for that. Thanks for everyones support this past year on my transmission issues. Hopefully I don't have to drop my tranny again that was a PIA doing it in the driveway!

81 - 85 of 85 Posts