The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2002 7.3, the lettering and indicator spots on my hubs are completely worn....
Is manually locking the hubs turning CLOCKWISE, and Automatic all the way counterclockwise?
I don't trust the vacuum control on the auto option and would prefer to manually lock the hubs when I need 4WD, and then turn back to auto when I don't need them... just wondering which way to turn to lock.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Yes turn clockwise to lock them. DENNY

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
FWIW, I love the ESOF and the Auto selection on my ‘02 hubs. I rebuilt the front, axle u-joints, seals, unit bearings, and disassembled- cleaned- lubed-reassembled auto/lock hubs using guzzles write up....very easy! When driving around the farm(s) I may engage/disengage the 4WD 5 or 6 times....seldom leaving it engaged full time when driving around the dirt roads, hills, etc. unless there’s snow. I don’t like slinging any more mud than necessary up, in front, and behind the wheel wells:LOL: But then the dually gets really crappy traction even on wet grass on much of an incline. The manual lock is definitely a big plus if the hubs ever quit working in auto and can’t find time to tear into it or wanting to wait on the expense til a later date.

Reactions: DENNY
1 - 3 of 3 Posts