The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help troubleshooting!!! I just bought this 2002 F350 7.3 and the 4x4 isn't working. The lockouts have been converted to manual lock outs so there's no vacuum lines hooked up. When I turn the switch I don't hear it engaging and no light comes on but I know the light works because it comes in when I start it! Any help will be greatly apreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 01 truck except the light doesnt come on when I start the truck. I'm told there are two relays that control the 4wd drive switch so that might be a good place to start. I think my problem is centered around my GEM module though so that's where I plan to start. Good Luck!

·
Super Moderator
26,499 Posts
Do a search of my posts. I've posted the wiring on ESOF a bunch of times. If the hubs have been converted to manual, it's either a relay problem (2 of them in a small box in front of the underhood fuse box), a wire harness problem (rock hit damage?), a bad shift motor, a control switch problem, a GEM issue (lower priority, so look there last), etc. Both relays have to be working for the motor to move. They switch voltage polarity to the motor, which only gets power when the relays are activated, otherwise both motor power leads are grounded.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i have 2000, changed both relays, no lite, checked vacum by turning on ESOF and air comes out of dash vents, that means i donot have vacum leak, Dealer said rock the truck.. in ESOF. not luck.. now i reckon to change shift motor.. that is easy. i just one today off wreaked truck.
has anyone ever converted this to manual shifter in floor??? i would do this in a NY minute. i HATE this ESOF, it is trash.. shifter on floor of my last truck worked for 10 yrs without one problem.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
i have 2000, changed both relays, no lite, checked vacum by turning on ESOF and air comes out of dash vents, that means i donot have vacum leak, Dealer said rock the truck.. in ESOF. not luck.. now i reckon to change shift motor.. that is easy. i just one today off wreaked truck.
has anyone ever converted this to manual shifter in floor??? i would do this in a NY minute. i HATE this ESOF, it is trash.. shifter on floor of my last truck worked for 10 yrs without one problem.
And your current ESOF probably worked for its first 10 years without problem...but now it is 16 years old. :grin2:

There was a recent thread of a forum member who switched his ESOF over to the manual shifter just about a week ago.

If you can figure out how to "rock" these trucks then let me know. Maybe with a 966 I could do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts