The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys I have an issue I need help with. Last night I was driving and my 4x4 kicked into 4hi on its own. The light came on and I felt the transfer case clunk. It then tried to jump into 4lo but after a mile or so went back to 4 hi. All of this happened with the switch off in the 2 Wheel drive position. By the time I got home the light had shut back off and everything seemed normal. This morning I got into the truck and the 4 wheel drive immediately engaged. The motor did switch to 4 hi and when you turn you can feel the 4x4 hop telling me I am engaged. Again the switch is in the off position. I am thinking it could be the 4x4 shift solenoid but not sure. Has any body encountered this issue and have an idea where the shift solenoid is located?

2008 Ford FX4 6.4l

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
My guess? It wouldn't be a shift solenoid if the transfer case and hub go into 4X4. it would have to do with the 4X4 Control module or the switch and wiring?

I'd start by testing the switch? There is a test procedure for it. I'll see if I can find the thread later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts