The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
1999 ford f250
I was just throwing ideas out there that you might could try to get you by but like you said it may be chain or shift fork which the only way to fix is pull and rebuild/replace 馃檨

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
I hope for motor honestly lol. But I think its definitely something internal at this point honestly based on all I've read and all the advice I've been given lol

Registered
1999 ford f250
Yep the motor would be alot cheaper for sure 馃憤馃徎

Premium Member
These are very straight forward machines. There are troubleshooting techniques that prove/disprove a possibility and remove the guesswork this thread continues with.

It is a very straight forward process to isolate IF the TC is engaged or not. It was discussed by raising the front end safely on jackstands and rotating various parts of driveline by hand. Then attempting same with front hubs locked and unlocked.

There are also archived threads on how to test the shift motor/relay which allow you to isolate those specific issues.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
These are very straight forward machines. There are troubleshooting techniques that prove/disprove a possibility and remove the guesswork this thread continues with.

It is a very straight forward process to isolate IF the TC is engaged or not. It was discussed by raising the front end safely on jackstands and rotating various parts of driveline by hand. Then attempting same with front hubs locked and unlocked.

There are also archived threads on how to test the shift motor/relay which allow you to isolate those specific issues.
I did the tests. With hubs locked TC in 2wd the driveshaft does not spin. With the hubs unlocked and the TC in 4HI or 4LOW the driveshaft still spins. When I drive in either 4x4 mode you can tell its engaged by the way the truck. Especially in 4LOW. And you can hear the TC motor switch and the suitable lights come on the dash for both modes

Registered
Just because the rear side is in low, doesn't mean the front is. Imo, the tcase needs rebuilt. Likely a shift fork issue.
Can't you remove the motor and manually shift it?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Just because the rear side is in low, doesn't mean the front is. Imo, the tcase needs rebuilt. Likely a shift fork issue.
Can't you remove the motor and manually shift it?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I haven't gotten that far with it been slammed with work and I dont get off till 1 am. I'm gonna try to get to it in this weekend. I'm thinking internal as well

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Well its internal. Raised rear axle and used esof to switch between hi and low. Shaft didn't spin what's so ever. Thanks for the help yall!!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts