The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,017 Posts
Would a bad crush washer or cup cause the issues I was having ?
Sounds like you may have a cracked injector cup, possibly combined with an improperly torqued injector hold-down. White smoke could be coolant, especially on startup. Any sign of fuel floating in your coolant tank?

Clean the injector bores, then pressurize the coolant system to look for cracked cups.

I doubt the crush washer itself would be the problem, unless there was a serious gouge across it that prevented it from sealing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sounds like you may have a cracked injector cup, possibly combined with an improperly torqued injector hold-down. White smoke could be coolant, especially on startup. Any sign of fuel floating in your coolant tank?

Clean the injector bores, then pressurize the coolant system to look for cracked cups.

I doubt the crush washer itself would be the problem, unless there was a serious gouge across it that prevented it from sealing.
The crush washer actually did have a bad gouge like to the point if you run your finger across is it would probably cut you. but I’m definitely going to check the cup and the coolant for fuel my buddy who checked it out said he couldn’t smell coolant at all in the smoke just raw fuel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Of course in the middle of all of this I traded my after market wheels/ spacers for 04 wheel and upon taking off the spacers I have 6 stripped lug studs on the front drivers side SMH.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Just checked the coolant doesn’t have any fuel I can’t smell a hint of diesel. So I guess that’s good

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Yep when it rains it pours!! Good thing is you found the bad lugs in the shop not on the road. Been there done that!!
DENNY

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yep when it rains it pours!! Good thing is you found the bad lugs in the shop not on the road. Been there done that!!
DENNY
Tell me about it if I was at a tire shop or something they would have had me by the balls.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just an update the injector shop went over and tested all of my injectors for about 45 mins a piece. They did notice on the injector that was burnt up on the tip had a cracked crush washer so I’m guessing that was the whole issue. Have to clean my cup when I get home to make sure it’s not cracked

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Hey so I got my injectors back in and I’ve driven it about 5-8 miles but I have a check engine light... can this be caused by air in the injection system.

·
Super Moderator
25,017 Posts
Hey so I got my injectors back in and I’ve driven it about 5-8 miles but I have a check engine light... can this be caused by air in the injection system.
Not normally. You should check for codes. Could be a multitude of causes, since you had a bunch of stuff disconnected.
Air in the HP oil system is eliminated by taking it out and running the snot out of it for 20 minutes or so, including hard acceleration.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Update!

All fixed and running smooth I think I f##ked up a injector wires on one of the valve cover harnesses went and got a replacement and she’s running like a champ smooth as butter with no smoke or Lights !

21 - 30 of 30 Posts