The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 6.0 powerstroke with full bulletproof and egr delete and all that fun stuff trucks got 158k on it and I have a coolant leak on the driver side of the engine I can’t see any wetness by the heads and I don’t feel any coming out the exhaust but every time it’s under a load I get a lot of spray it has a little bit on coolant cap it leaks down below I just have no idea what it is

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Failed head gasket would be my guess - causes coolant to vent from the cap on the degas bottle under heavy throttle conditions

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Put a pressure gauge on the coolant system (tie into one of the small vapor hoses that go to the degas bottle).

You can put 15 psi pressure on the cold system and see if it holds. Afterall, there is a slim chance it could be a weak cap or something wrong w/ the cap sealing surface. If no leak, then you can vent the pressure off and then watch the pressure rise when you drive and get the system fully warmed up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Degas bottle can develop cracks or the Y tube where it connects to the heater hose -- X2 on the pressure gauge

1 - 4 of 4 Posts