The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I had my fuel gel up on me a few months ago when we had a negative teen cold snap, I’ve noticed that when I put a big load on my truck at lower RPMS (slowly rolling into the throttle when towing something up a decent hill but the transmission stays in overdrive)…I will get what feels like a misfire from an injector. Just a little stumble that I can feel, almost like a cylinder isn’t firing (no fuel) for a split second. I’m not getting any codes that would indicated a bad injector. And the truck runs fantastic…except for that issue when there is a big load on it at lower rpms. If it downshifts and the RPMS’ go up, no issues at all…it makes great power, and no misfire feeling.

I did get several “injector contribution” faults when I had my fuel gel up…..could that have damaged an injector(s)? My next step is to take it to a shop and have them run a test on the motor and see which injectors may be weak.

Does that sound like an injector issue? Or something else? Is it a common issue in the 6.0’s to have injector issues after the fuel gels up in them?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any ideas? I've got Forscan and tried to see if there was an Injector Contribution test I could run to see if there were some bad/weak injectors....but it doesn't look like it has that option for the 6.0 PSD's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts