The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
BTW - a failed screen on the IPR valve will not cause problems, so simply replacing a broken IPR screen will not fix anything. When the screen is damaged, it was damaged by foreign materials (contamination) blocking the screen and the pressure will then push the materials through the screen. When this happens, the foreign materials can cause the IPR valve to stick and not operate correctly. This is what causes problems, the screen itself has nothing to do with it.....the IPR valve is just a dump valve.
bismic, I agree with you on the IPR being a dump valve. However, I have had 3 known occasions that I have had a no start situation (low ICP Pressure at 84% IRP) and found the IPR screen to have been breached. Replaced the screen and instantly got 500+ psi and engine fired off.

Like this poster, on one occasion that foreign material was oil cooler gasket material from a recent oil cooler replacement. Owner was not very religious about keeping the workspace clean. I found the damaged IPR screen and with that little replacement, engine has been fine for 2 years.

I am not sure of that was a fluke, but I know the screen is to keep contaminants out of the valve, but it has something to do with holding a certain amount of oil in the system as well.

Just my expereince.

OP, you just asked about which HPOP. I have used 2 remanded units from Pensacola Diesel. They have been very good for me, very good service from this company and last I checked, a good price. They even wait 30 days to charge a core charge, o give you opportunity to get the core back to them without having to pay the fee.

I have been using them for Injectors and HPOPs for over 10 years.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
As far as Pensacola goes, I have to strongly disagree.

Lots of threads on various diesel forums about their injectors being bad out of the box.

Also, I just helped a guy in February that installed one of their HPOPs and it was bad out of the box. Took a while to nail that down, but a new HPOP solved his problem.

One example:

There are many more similar threads that will come up when searching.
Interesting.... I will say that I have had 2 occasions of a bad injector out of the box. That was on a set of 8. For me, not that big of a deal in that I have 4 trucks actively on the road, so I always have injectors. And, I have no customer service issues when calling for replacements. I usually get them next day, but I am in South Georgia and they in Pensacola Florida, so a quick shipping trip. I have also noticed that they have added an extra level of injectors (cheaper line) and you can tell the difference as the packaging is not as good. Not sure of the difference, but out of about 50+ injectors I have gotten from them, I have had 2 bad out of the box. One had a bad coil and the other the spool valve stuck. I have one other occasion where I replaced an entire set and 51 weeks later a coil went bad. They honored the one year warranty with no question.

As for the HPOP, I have used 3 rebuilt pump and no issues.

Certainly not disagreeing with your experience of of others that have posted, but I have had good luck and really good response so far.

Of course, other then buying OEM, is seems everyone has issues with injector suppliers. I have heard horror stories from Warren Injectors, Sinister, and about every other supplier. I have been told that no one is manufacturing NEW 6.0 injectors anymore and that all injectors are rebuilt or remanufactured, however you want to define the process. So, I am not sure who the absolute best and most reliable supplier actually is anymore.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Thanks. I will check them out. I am not sure I have ever heard of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts