The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 6.0 powerstroke. F-250. I've had problems with it stalling surging, missing. So I've cleaned the EGR, IPR, and the ICP. It runs a little better now but still skips, shakes, and doesn't want to shift properly. Doesn't a little better when warm. What do I look for next. The oil has been changed and treated. And also have dropped the tank and cleaned with new filter installed and fuel treated. I used revx treatment. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Early or late 04?
Have you tried running it with the ICP sensor unplugged?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and also the Icp is new. I replaced it the first time I started having problems with it surging while having my foot on the brake at an idle.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
05/04. But from what I've been told 03 to 07 run off the same programs. Not sure though.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
FICMs are fairly generic for 03-07, but not PCMs.

Post the MAP, Baro, and EBP readings at KOEO.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
KOEO - Key-on, Engine-Off

You will need a scan tool or a monitor to read the requested PIDs (Engine Parameters).
MAP
EBP
Baro

Highly suggest getting ForScan Lite for a Smartphone and then getting the necessary OBDII adapter. I like the BAFX brand due to the low cost. BlueTooth for Android and WiFi for iOS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow. Didn't even know they made stuff like that. Appreciate that much. Will let ya know.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
5$ download to your phone and around $40 for the adapter. Easy to use. It is a very powerful tool. One of the best code readers as well.

Can't really troubleshoot a 6.0L without a toll like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts