The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
2005 excursion 6.0 Turbo

The exhaust had NOTHING to do with your turbo failure. I forgot to look at your signature to see what you got but it seems all the turbo failures are 03 10 vanes and a few 04 13 vanes. I got my turbo replaced at 24K and now have 34K with no probs. Got the same 10 vane also. I live in a county of 5000 people and their are probably at the moment 10 6.0L's running around and three of them have had turbo's replaced. Pretty crappy odds if you ask me. Take your truck to a different dealer. If your really worried about it put teh stock DP back in and cat. The cat is more important than the down pip from what my tech has told me. The big reps look for a cat more than a piddly downpipe.

I Would Like To Know Why After All The Problems Ford Is Have With The 6.0 Turbo(engine for that matter) Know one.... Has Come Up With The Answer On How To Fix IT The Right Way.... Ford Won There case Against International and We As The Buyers Have Lost hmmmmmm...
Ford Has Every Excuse I Know OF Why We are Causeing The Problem,Well They Tell Us That when we Go There To Have It Worked On,Never Ford Problem..... We All Got Screwed From Ford
I would lIke To See Ford Stand Good For Every 6,0 They Sold as long As Your The Original Owner That Is.....Or Buy The Piece Of **** Back

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I Would Like To Know Why After All The Problems Ford Is Have With The 6.0 Turbo(engine for that matter) Know one.... Has Come Up With The Answer On How To Fix IT The Right Way.... Ford Won There case Against International and We As The Buyers Have Lost hmmmmmm...
Ford Has Every Excuse I Know OF Why We are Causeing The Problem,Well They Tell Us That when we Go There To Have It Worked On,Never Ford Problem..... We All Got Screwed From Ford
I would lIke To See Ford Stand Good For Every 6,0 They Sold as long As Your The Original Owner That Is.....Or Buy The Piece Of **** Back
And what does this have to do with the actual thread that was 4 years old then dug up, then a year old and dug up again and now almost another year and dug up again? :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow, I have been lossing power when towing trailer w/horses, was told to put it in tow haul, I never had to before, something is wrong, could it be EBP sensor?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think one of the updates most of us got had the EBP sensor input only assumed on completion, but I have been told I was wrong before.

·
Registered
119 Posts
180,xxx hard miles with the original turbo! i have a mbrp with the cat gone and just a muffler! A larger exhaust does not lead to turbo failure, if you baby your truck or park it for a long period of time carbon tends to build up causing them to corrode:nono:! I say every once in a while put your foot to the floor and hear the most amazing diesel v8 you will ever hear!:thumbsup: Cleans the turbo a bit and these motor loves to be driven hard!

·
Registered
4 Posts
turbo failure

I know this is an old topic but i'm hoping I can help anyone else that may run across these posts. About 3 weeks after removing my stock muffler and hollowing out the cat my turbo killed over. I'm not really diesel savvy but I'd hate for this to happen to someone else who is considering a homemade exhaust mod.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stock 2005 F250 4x4 6.0 with 66,000 miles on clock. Three turbos so far.

First failed at 28,000. Second failed at 53,000. Third failed out of box. Hopefully fourth will last until the truck is sold.

Driving history. First 28,000 did not pull trailer. Truck not daily driver so sits for long periods. Maybe a month at a time. I know this is not good. Last 35,000 miles. I have pulled a small (7,500) trailer more than 30,000 miles. Miles per engine hour are over 40 so it's a mixed bag of long rides and short stop and go driving.

·
Registered
821 Posts
heater needs to wake up and smell the coffee, lots of advice here on how to deal with just about any issue the engine has. by now now the mechanics have this engine pretty well sorted out. if they don't they are just parts changers and won't be getting anywhere near mine.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts