The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with my banks six gun package. I refereed to the owners manual and found that i needed to check the blinking code on my tuner. So i did and found that it is flashing a green LED light and the owners manual says that my coolant temp is not at the normal running temperature and also say that the system will not give any power to my truck.I have no idea where to start to fix the problem. I do notice some time's when i am driving the banks system will kick in for a short amount of time. maybe 1 or 2 good take off's. So if anyone can point me in the right direction for a solution to this problem it would be of much help.

My truck is a 2004 f250 6.0 lariat 4x4

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Remove the Banks system, and return it to stock. You're not going to get anyone who knows anything about that system because I can only think of maybe one person on this forum who runs one. Banks' marketing is incredible, but their products for the 6.0 are not very good. If you want monitoring I would suggest an Edge CTS, but do not tune with the Edge or you'll ruin your tranny. Tuning should be done via an SCT tuner, ideally with custom tunes written by Innovative Diesel or Gearhead Automotive. Its a good bit more costly to do it that way, but you won't have problems, you'll be able to monitor 6-8 parameters (coolant temp, oil temp, etc.) at a time, and you'll have support if you encounter an issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts