The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
bought used 2005 F350 6.0 few months ago. no issues until recently it blew seams in radiator at plastic/aluminum joint . replaced radiator and blew seams again in less than an hour. idiot gauge doesnt indicate overheating. slow bubble flow in degas tank. no power problems. degas cap was cruddy looking (i didnt examine until after second radiator blew). are bubbles normal? would non-venting cap cause over pressurization and blow seams? i've heard the horror stories on 6.0 HG's and hoping thats not where i'm headed. Oil cooler? it has no egr valve and assuming egr delete was done. idea's? tests?
thanks

PS: this is my first diesel. don't know much about them but reasonable ability with a gasser so its okay to assume i dont know anything.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I would first check system pressure. The cap is rated at something like 15psi. Usually when the caps fail they won't hold pressure and can cause overheating. A new cap is cheap, and I'd try that first.

Where did you get the replacement radiator?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
radiator came from local shop and they r crediting that one back and getting all aluminum one with no plastic caps. Thanks for reply. i will have cap tested.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My factory radiator on my 03 started leaking at the plastic end caps (thanks ford). I replaced the radiator with an all aluminum and no problems since. If you have alot of white dried coolant around the degas cap, you are probably somewhere between a plugged oil cooler and blown head gaskets...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts