The Diesel Stop banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
My question is for [email protected] trucks, and it is about the air/oil cooler you mentioned, is that a replacement for the under manifold cooler? Also is the EGR delete good in Ca? I cant afford to have to play swap around every time I need a smog, Lord I hate Ca! I just thought of one more question for you, is the aftermarket cooler or coolers under the manifold on a 6.0 worth their beans versus the stock ones? I got my coolant filter system at 70k and it is up to 150k now, I'm thinking sooner or later they are going to need changed, unless I got lucky !
There are other very viable options out there for the guy's down in CA. I understand that CA drivers are limited, but luckily BPD makes a very good egr cooler upgrade that is a tubular style engine coolant/oil flow versus the stack-on-plate design. And better yet, it WORKS.

YES! The oil cooler is well worth the extra money because you have two options:
1. Support your factory/existing engine oil cooler with additional cooling in case the one in the valley of the engine fails.
2. Eliminate the problematic valley oil cooler entirely and go to an air/oil cooler setup. No more worrying about a clogged oil cooler, no more engine engine coolant being used to cool engine oil, and no more cheesy cartridge filters; just good ole' spin on oil filters like the 7.3's had.

·
Registered
59 Posts
With regards to the oil cooler in CA. Need to check the exempt section of the smog manual or it must be approved by the EPA. Any add on that changes the operating temp of the engine has to be EPA approved is what the EPA told me.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts