The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me a site that describes the external engine components for the 6.0?

I have oil being blown back from the front of the engine covering the oil filter housing. I need to identify the 2 in. pipe just forward of the filter as that is where the oil seams to be originating.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes.

The oil was showing up where my figure is pointing and blown back from that point.

Could it be coming from the clamp?

This is a new issue.

Just before I discovered this I was pulling a hill with trailer and my boost jumped to 33 lbs and it set a Pressure valve code. I cleared the codes and then discovered the oil. The amount of oil and the dirt that was in it says the oil was there long before the overboost.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
That's your cold side intercooler tube. It could be a couple different things. Loose clamp, cracked tube or your intercooler and tubes are completely saturated in oil from the crank case breather. I would clean it up, tighten the clamp and keep an eye on it

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it is coming from the tube I have to assume there is oil in the intercooler. How much oil is exceptable and how would i clear it from the intercooler?

It has been suggested I move the crankcase breather tube to vent to atmosphere. Any pictures as to where it is?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
A small amount is normal, excessive is hard to describe. The plastic pipe you have is bad for splitting at the bellows [flex] portion or on the bottomside. There is an updated aluminum tube available. The CAC itself can be removed and cleaned [boiled out] if heavy oiling is suspected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts