The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*** is the cause of this??

Just parked my 6.0 diesel here at the house, and now 10 minutes later there is a POOL of coolant underneath it. I cannot see where its leaking. Radiator looks OK, top hoses look ok. Its dripping off of the harmonic balancer...almost a steady stream. Coolant is everywhere underneath.

*** can possibly be leaking here?

There is coolant from passenger side to drivers side, from the fan all the way back to the pumpkin. Its f-ing everwhere. Reservoir is bone dry. Its sprayed a light coat around the AC stuff on the passenger side. There is so much coolant that I cannot see where its coming from.

Most of the coolant is located at or around the fan clutch area.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Water pump maybe? Probably need to clean it, let it dry, fill it, then look without any pressure to cooling system. Then if no evidence of leak, start adding pressure to system.

·
Registered
808 Posts
EGR Cooler Hose maybe? I recently had that problem and had to replace it. It can be done with Turbo in place, just a tight squeeze with the tools.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Had same symptoms, changed out waterpump, old one was leaking out of bottom weep hole, you cant see it tell you remove it!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had same symptoms, changed out waterpump, old one was leaking out of bottom weep hole, you cant see it tell you remove it!!
Same here.

I could not 100% identify the leak until I pulled off the fan, shroud, serpentine belt and the water pump pulley.

Not a difficult job but a little time consuming.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an OEM pump on order. Can't find a bullet proof one soon enough.

Ill check the cooler hose....is that where the bottom radiator hose goes?

·
Registered
808 Posts
The EGR Cooler Hose is just below the top of the CAC tube (hot side). Probably not your issue it sounds like but worth checking out. If it is leaking the top of the motor will be wet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts