The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all new to the forum.. I recently purchased my first diesel being a 6 liter and it's been nothing but problems and the dealer is not willing to help! It's a 2007 F350 lariat.. I had it for 1 week exactly after the dealer did the egr delete and put a new oil cooler in it.. 1 week goes by and it died on me. Found out the ipr was the reason. Then started leaking oil (a lot) found out the dealer used some junk Amazon oil cooler! So finally I had it about 1 month and then got a code for a gpcm circuit issue and was beginning to have "long cranks" before it would start only when it's been sitting for a couple hours. 3 days go by of the long cranking and it died again on the road. Sat for about 30 minutes and cranked it for about 20 continuous second it finally started.. could this be the ipr again? Or the gpcm?? Why would I go thru 2 IPR's in 3 months? Also one last thing.. the diesel shop I go to took the oil cooler out (from amazon) and the screen was full of debre looked like metal shavings.. put in a Dorman I believe.. why would there be so much stuff on the screen?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
If the screen is full of metal shavings, you have a bigger problem... you need to find out what metal component has failed and replace it including any collateral damage plus flush the entire oil system. There should be zero visually detectable metal in your oil system. Once that is fixed, likely your other problem will be gone as the cause of your other problem is the screen on the IPR filling up with trash. That blocked screen will stop the HPO flow and shut the truck down every time.

This issue may be why the truck ended up on the lot for sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You could always go in and inform them that if they are not willing to help, you'll turn them into the EPA for not only selling a deleted truck, but installing it themselves. The fine is 25,000 per car. I am sure they don't want the fed sniffing around there.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I have to agree with Phil here. The IPR should not be contaminated with metal shavings, something else is wrong there.

Sounds like you found one of the many dealerships who has no business working on a 6.0. I would tell them that you found the non OEM part in the truck and want a refund or you will start the website "(dealers name) rips people off.com", report them to the BB, and file a claim with the State AG's office.

I would send a sample of the oil out and see if there's metal in it and if so what kind. A good OA can tell you that. Also, make sure you change the HPOP feed screen under the OC any time you do an OC. If you clean out the reservoir the OC sits in it needs to be spotless before reassembly. No dirt, no lint, etc. I use a tack rag to ensure nothing clogs that screen or gets through to the IPR.

I don't think the 6.0 is your issue; a crappy dealership is. But life's not all bad, you're here where people who really know these trucks can help.

Reactions: NOSPARKPLUGZ

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yea ive been through all of this man I feel for you. I agree with ole TKO and Phil, what they said lol. Also should have went OEM, dorman is alot cheaper but OEM cools better, nbd tho!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts