The Diesel Stop banner

6.4 Christmas tree dash.

Tags
6.4 engine
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ford_doctor 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2010 f250 6.4 love the truck BUT. It’s going through the dpf cleaning continuously check engine light is on. The air bag light is on and the Tpms light is on. Power sucks and fuel economy is awful. Does the air bag light give acceleration data to the computer? Are all these lights related ?

#2 ·
Probably not however there is a chance its a network fault. Other than that none of those systems are closely related and no, the SRS does not provide acceleration data to the PCM. Diagnosis begins with a scan tool my friend and it's a 6.4L so be prepared for it to get expensive.

#3 ·
I bought the warranty on the beast, it seems to pass the oil filler blow by test pretty well, only 144k. Mileage is 10 at best, power is down dramatcially and when you stop at a light the exhaust fumes choke you to death, expect a cracked turbo pipe. When you shut it down there is a rumbling, bad bearing sound about seconds after the engine stops. Thought it was a heater blower motor but now expect it to be the bearings in the turbo system, The dealer I bought it from is working on it now. Small time guys, they have replaced the DPF so far only to have the cleaning cycle repeat so often its now showing too much oil on the dipstick. Oh and they say that the HPP is weak as well. I am gonna get more than my money back on the warranty I hope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.