The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 6.4 F350 that died while driving on the freeway. Wouldn't start. Turned over, but no start. Had truck and 28ft trailer towed to dealer, they diagnosed and said it was a bad fuel pump. I am going to have to wait a week for repair-although it is covered under warranty this is total PIA! Anyone had this happen on a new truck? What could cause this or is this known issue?

·
Registered
88 Posts
truck died

yes this happened to me 3 times, 2 of the three had to be towed the 2nd time they said it was a wire pinched between the cab and shorted out the fuel injection pump they replaced it, under warrenty, they had it for a week,the 3rd time it happened they said it had something to do with the auto start and reprogramed it, but that was not it they had it for 21 days ford techs came to the dealership put it through some diagnostics, well after all that they changed the fuel pump, have no problems with it yet been about 6k since, good luck it could of been anything ,you will never know they could tell you what ever they want.

·
Registered
20 Posts
well it happened to me last night on my 2010 ford f250 6.4L. while driving on the freeway it just died out and wouldn't start. Weird thing is that I just picked the truck up from a scheduled maintenance couple hours before this happened. I did notice that I don't hear the fuel pump coming on when I have the key in the run position.

·
Registered
20 Posts
symptom was could not accelerate for couple seconds, then battery light came on, oil pressure light came on (the one in the odometer area) and then engine died. would crank and not start. weird think is while trying to crank it's like the key is stuck in the cranking position. would still crank for like 5 seconds after returning key to run position. dealership had no idea what was wrong as of yesterday. diesel tech was trying to get the truck started for about 2 hours

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like the symptoms I had when my ECM and then 2 weeks later my fuel pressure regulator sender died. I think the ECM was wrongly diagnosed.
symptom was could not accelerate for couple seconds, then battery light came on, oil pressure light came on (the one in the odometer area) and then engine died. would crank and not start. weird think is while trying to crank it's like the key is stuck in the cranking position. would still crank for like 5 seconds after returning key to run position. dealership had no idea what was wrong as of yesterday. diesel tech was trying to get the truck started for about 2 hours

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did it end up being?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone figure this out? Same problem here. 2008 Ford F250 6.4l Super Duty Diesel 4x4

Shuts off while driving battery / engine light come on and the oil light comes on as well. My starts right back up no issue. I have no codes popping up.

Maybe the oil pressure sensor?

·
Registered
2008 F250 6.4 king ranch 4x4
3 Posts
Anyone figure this out? Same problem here. 2008 Ford F250 6.4l Super Duty Diesel 4x4

Shuts off while driving battery / engine light come on and the oil light comes on as well. My starts right back up no issue. I have no codes popping up.

Maybe the oil pressure sensor?
Hey man same problem here, except mine will randomly have a rough idle did you ever find the problem?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts