The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Ford Truck Enthusiasts have a 6.4 going? How about us? Also someone posted as he saw and handled the new 6.4 that just came in from the test's. I think he works at the SuperDuty assembly plant.

·
Registered
907 Posts
As stated many times before a 6.4 forum will be there as soon as the official announcement from Ford is here.

I am personally looking forward to see all our folks guiney-pigging this engine. This might be a really interesing forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
If the 6.4 becomes a reality, this site will certainly have a forum for it, without one question. If it is anything like the launch of the 6.0 it will be the one best things that has EVER happened to this site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif

·
Registered
147 Posts
I guess the fact that Ford (through dealerconnection. com)clearly discusses the 2008MY 6.4 doesn't count as official.

The member Ford techs here could enlighten you on a recent document (08/11)regarding Ford's diesel additives being temporarily pulled from the dealer's shelves for re-label and the fact that only one of the three products mentioned is compatible with the "new 2008 MY 6.4 diesel engine or any vehicle that requires ULSD"

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I guess the fact that Ford (through dealerconnection. com)clearly discusses the 2008MY 6.4 doesn't count as official.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. That is a password protected website that only certain dealership personned have the password to.

Until Ford makes some specs and other details about the new engine public, discussing them would be a useless exercise in frustration. Rumor and inuendo. And the Ford dealership personnel that have access to the Ford password-protected websites are not allowed to post in public what they know.

Of course, you always have outlaw websites such as BlueOval News where Ford employees constantly break Ford "news", but when they get caught, they are fired. I'm as curious as the next guy, but I don't want to get some kid fired because he broke the rules and posted something he promised to keep under his hat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. That is a password protected website that only certain dealership personned have the password to.

Until Ford makes some specs and other details about the new engine public, discussing them would be a useless exercise in frustration. Rumor and inuendo. And the Ford dealership personnel that have access to the Ford password-protected websites are not allowed to post in public what they know.

Of course, you always have outlaw websites such as BlueOval News where Ford employees constantly break Ford "news", but when they get caught, they are fired. I'm as curious as the next guy, but I don't want to get some kid fired because he broke the rules and posted something he promised to keep under his hat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought blueovalnews WAS an actual Ford site. I got a bunch of good info there even some secret contact numbers of 6.0 engineers. Fooled me!

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I thought blueovalnews WAS an actual Ford site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Richard, maybe you ought to read this. Here

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought blueovalnews WAS an actual Ford site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Richard, maybe you ought to read this. Here

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link Dick. There is a bunch of good info there and it does have the "appearance" of a real ford site. I truly never suspected that there was such a controversy.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Richard,

Yeap, BON has been in and out of lawsuits for a long time.

But very good site for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think we should see an offical release probably in November at one of the AutoShows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hopefully, the Texas State Fair late Sept. through about mid Oct.

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Probably not. Even though the AP has picked up the story and it is reported in The Dallas Morning News as being on display at the Texas State Fair.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/F...mp;SECTION=HOME

Remember. You heard it here last.

[/ QUOTE ]

"engine and will produce more horsepower, but it will have better fuel economy and be quieter than its predecessor, the company said."

I sort of remember that same claim in 2003? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
It's quite a bit quieter, but if you believe that fuel economy will increase, well, then, I've got this land you see and....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Nope,

None of those are offical news,

[ QUOTE ]
DETROIT (AP) -- Ford Motor Co. will soon unveil a new series of large F-Series pickup trucks powered by an optional new clean-burning diesel engine, company officials said Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't be OFFICAL untill FORD makes the announcement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Twin turbos, and more emissions quizmos than you can count, same block, probably same pistons and internals, man I am excited about this one. Anybody want to bet that it leaks? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
It's quite a bit quieter, but if you believe that fuel economy will increase, well, then, I've got this land you see and....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll wait a year to get the bugs out? Thanks for the info....don't be a stranger!!!

from the car richard

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
With Ford, one year is not nearly long enough to get the bugs worked out, they usually won't even acknowledge bugs within the first year. IMPO (In My Personal Opinion)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts