The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 6.4 will not roll over. Its plugged in due to the cold. My batteries are both good. I have power when i turn it on, but she wont crank. Theres zero sound when i do try to crank it. Fuses are good. Only thing i havent looked at is the starter relay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are all the codes that ive pulled.
P0703
P0546
P2033
P242D
P2455
It has the DPF, CAT, and EGR deleted

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
You have three EGT sensor circuit codes which will disable the starter... annnnnd one code for the DPF pressure sensor. Just so you understand, with a 2008 truck the PCM is what controls the starter motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have three EGT sensor circuit codes which will disable the starter... annnnnd one code for the DPF pressure sensor. Just so you understand, with a 2008 truck the PCM is what controls the starter motor.
My 2009 6.4 is having same problem. After cycling the key numerous times I have been able to get it to crank and start. When everything is warm it starts normal, if I let it sit for more than 4 hours (-30 F and plugged in) it again wont start. I have no codes. Each time it seems to take more tries to get it to start, this morning after a least 50 tries I gave up and drove the gas truck to work. The block heater is working and when it goes into the start cycle if fires right up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any ideas what could cause this? I tried to pull the codes again and its just showing the Regen not complete code. I tried bypassing the sensors and it still didnt crank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2009 6.4 is having same problem. After cycling the key numerous times I have been able to get it to crank and start. When everything is warm it starts normal, if I let it sit for more than 4 hours (-30 F and plugged in) it again wont start. I have no codes. Each time it seems to take more tries to get it to start, this morning after a least 50 tries I gave up and drove the gas truck to work. The block heater is working and when it goes into the start cycle if fires right up.
Finally had a chance to really troubleshoot and found F40 starter relay fuse filament broken and intermittently making contact

1 - 6 of 6 Posts