The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, any one so frustrated.

My 6.4 had kicked 6 radiators in 130k miles.

Egr and dpf gone. Spartan tuner, s and b air intake. Last 3 radiators have been mishimoto (still leaks after 20K miles) just had head gaskets, ARP head studs, and NEW heads (both were cracked), cab bushings,

Not sure where to go next. Have an issue with the oil level increasing after heads were done.

Any help would be appreciated. Love the truck hate issues!

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Sounds like body mount bushings are shot. More common than you think. That's probably why you've spit out 6 radiators in 130k. I'd put two in my 6.4 I had at 130kmi and the last one I replaced the body mount bushings.

If you are increasing oil level after doing a head gasket job, ask who ever did the work if they put new injector supply lines on (feeds injectors fuel from the rail). These lines are under alot of pressure (5k-25kpsi, depending on where you are in the throttle) and they are a torque-once and done line. So, every time your heads come off, it's a MUST to replace them. You cannot re-use them. Also could be fuel rail pressure sensor leaking too. Reguardless, I'd be taking it back to whom ever did the work or if you did it yourself, pull the valve covers off and look for fuel leaking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I have an oil scan coming back here tomorrow and hopefully have a little more to talk to the shop that did the heads.

We have replaced all the body mounts, and still has gone through two since. Would there be any other tests on the coolant system, to perform? We block tested, when I thought the head gasket was going out but that did not show any issue.

Still looking for answers.....

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Which version of the mishimoto radiator do you have? There have been two and they should warranty yours out.

·
Registered
484 Posts
There has to be a story behind those 6 radiators. I don't think my truck has ever been off road and I've never had a radiator leak. I had a vapor leak from the degas but swapping for a new one cured that. So, like how hard are you running that truck and do you bounce through job sites or something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts