The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I had purchased a s&s disaster prevention kit and mpd turbo kit and piping and the turbo kit hadn’t come with instructions. Installed the fuel kit without any problems but doing the turbo kit was lead to some confusion. After the install filled the coolant back up, changed the tune, and started the truck. Well it started with no problem ran for about 3 seconds then cut off… went to start it again and it barley cranked ran for a second and shut off. After that in wouldn’t crank and would make the noise as if the batteries are dead. Tried cleaning the terminals off, put a new starter in it and it’s still doing the same thing it’s throwing 3 pcm codes a PAM code a BCM code and APIM code. I don’t know if it has to do with something on the turbo install as there was no instructions does anyone know what I should try next????

·
Registered
627 Posts
First if your batteries aren't good and fully charged for some reason changing the tune puts a strain on the batteries. Next how old are the batteries? That is always the first place I look. Sounds like youres are dead.Your starter was good in the first place. It takes no real amps to run the lights but the starting system needs both batteries to turn over the motor.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Factory batteries last a max of three years. Even good quality batteries don't seem to last more than 4 or 5 years in a Powerstroke - IMO. If I know my truck is going to sit more than a week, I hook up my C-Tek battery maintainer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts