The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about doing a dpf delete on my new 6.7. what's the fuel milage gains? Will it run as good as the 6.4 does? Any problems? According to the programmer websites your only looking at 30 more hp over the non dpf delete tunes is it worth it? I want to hear anything you have to say.

·
Registered
276 Posts
It really just all comes down to how important the warranty is to you should something happen.

If it is not a big deal then a DPF delete + exhaust would be about $1200-1400, very very slight daily mpg increase but no regens and no DEF anymore + cooler EGT's and you'll be able to hear the turbo again.

Comparing it to the 6.4, it's just 2 different monsters. Are you looking for the highest possible HP just to say you have it or what are you actually shooting for?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'll be thinking about it after warranty time. After the first glitch with the emissions gear, it'll be out. Not for the power, just for the lack of emissions stuff to replace and possibly maintain down the road.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Exactly. Maybe someone else could chime in but isn't the "lifespan" of the DPF supposed to be just over 100k?
Either get rid of or be ready to buy another..... or trade to a 2013-2014 model :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
How hard is it to get an inspection done once a modern diesel is deleted?
Might be state & county specific.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Nope! Not with just the DPF delete.

Thats a pretty high price to pay for a little braggin rights

I don't know how good or bad this engine will be. But my past experience with the 7.3 and 6.0 engines convinced me that the 100,000 mile warranty was worth quite a bit. Most of my service work was in the 80,000 to 100,000 mile time period. I'm not about to mess with anything warranty related until I'm past that point, Besides around here, I would have to re-install every year to meet the emiission testing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
How hard is it to get an inspection done once a modern diesel is deleted?
Might be state & county specific.
For TX they don't check.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nothing in Fl either

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Personally, I like to breathe clean air. Don't you?
I'm with you :thumbsup:

In 40 years of working on automobiles I can PROUDLY say that I have NEVER deleted, altered or rendered useless any emissions equipment on any vehicle I have worked on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Personally, I like to breathe clean air. Don't you?
We are such a visual society if it looks like a good idea we buy into it. Crap we elect people not based on qualifications but looks.

Yes the Air looks cleaner, but is it better for the Environment?

Everyone talks about cleaner Air and Low Carbon foot print.

If you take into account the extra fuel, Air, Def Fluid used, plus the CO2 produced, is the carbon foot print larger.

Just like Ethanol yes you can lower emissions but at what cost? How much energy does it take to produce Ethanol?

It all depends on what your using the truck for? Hauling Delete the DPF ASAP, everyday driving keep it.

Delete the DPF you will love the towing ability.

·
Registered
44 Posts
From the Congressional Budget Office
Implications of Ethanol Use for Food Prices and Greenhouse-Gas Emissions
Figure 3 shows how a majority of ethanol is made and the CO2 per gas and ethanol. US is mostly coal power plants, so you take coal and corn to make ethanol and tada you have more pounds of co2.
Anybody remember MBE on Long Island NY?
I just want my clean air (and water {MBE}) to come from proven science not politics.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What about delete for another reason? I have considered it because I believe I can run the vehicle on 100 percent biodiesel after the delete. If I am wrong please let me know. I have not put a lot of time into finding out the facts about delete and biodiesel yet. Using a carbon neutral fuel would not make me feel guilty about the delete.

·
Registered
89 Posts
maybe i just see this but this guy was asking for your help about his truck not political bullsh!t. this is not a thred on if you think its good for the air or not so please lets keep to the basic topic im sure other people agree and if you dont. please dont start talking about why you dont agree with me.:nono:

·
Registered
399 Posts
We are such a visual society if it looks like a good idea we buy into it. Crap we elect people not based on qualifications but looks.

Yes the Air looks cleaner, but is it better for the Environment?

Everyone talks about cleaner Air and Low Carbon foot print.

If you take into account the extra fuel, Air, Def Fluid used, plus the CO2 produced, is the carbon foot print larger.

Just like Ethanol yes you can lower emissions but at what cost? How much energy does it take to produce Ethanol?

It all depends on what your using the truck for? Hauling Delete the DPF ASAP, everyday driving keep it.

Delete the DPF you will love the towing ability.
X2!!!! Perfectly stated.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What about delete for another reason? I have considered it because I believe I can run the vehicle on 100 percent biodiesel after the delete. If I am wrong please let me know. I have not put a lot of time into finding out the facts about delete and biodiesel yet. Using a carbon neutral fuel would not make me feel guilty about the delete.
I would not run Bio, due to the new fuel injector system on the 6.7.
Bio has nothing to do with your DPF. The only thing Bio will do is clog the DPF sooner. The new fuel system is to advanced to handle true Bio.

The only reason to delete the DPF is hard core towing.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts