141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nope!

·
Vendor
607 Posts
Just purchased a 15 model and put a 6in lift and 37s. I can get for free a sct tune the delete kit and full exhaust for free but not sure if I want to loose my warranty! what should I do???

Sounds like a good deal to me. The SCT Programmer and Off-Road programming doesn't require the sensors to be reinstalled. So the factory pipe comes out as one piece with all the sensors intact. The DEF injector unbolts from the factory pipe and gets wrapped up in a plastic bag to keep it out of the elements. Then the new delete pipe goes right back in. This makes it easy to return to stock should it ever be required. With the SCT programmer, it saves a perfect image of the factory programing and stores it in its database. Then when it's time to return it back to stock, it takes that image and burns it back into memory. It does leave a footprint, but only that it's been flashed...not with what. Other tuners on the market use a strategy based database. The tuner looks at the strategy and flashes the truck back to the strategy and not from an image of the original programming.

I say do it. Then keep the old pipe to put back on when you trade it.

I want the Government out of my business, out of my bedroom and out from under my truck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. The SCT Programmer and Off-Road programming doesn't require the sensors to be reinstalled. So the factory pipe comes out as one piece with all the sensors intact. The DEF injector unbolts from the factory pipe and gets wrapped up in a plastic bag to keep it out of the elements. Then the new delete pipe goes right back in. This makes it easy to return to stock should it ever be required. With the SCT programmer, it saves a perfect image of the factory programing and stores it in its database. Then when it's time to return it back to stock, it takes that image and burns it back into memory. It does leave a footprint, but only that it's been flashed...not with what. Other tuners on the market use a strategy based database. The tuner looks at the strategy and flashes the truck back to the strategy and not from an image of the original programming.

I say do it. Then keep the old pipe to put back on when you trade it.

I want the Government out of my business, out of my bedroom and out from under my truck.
Thats some great info right here

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, it amazes me at the amount of information out there on both sides of this argument! Kind of makes me wonder where the truth really lies. Cleaner air through less emissions through the tailpipe but at what cost? These new generation of diesels use more fuel which has to be refined as well as the def fluid which has to be manufactured as well. How much more energy and raw materials are consumed ?

I too have had an interest in bypassing the emissions as I have read and heard from other owners that it would increase my fuel mileage, and just 1 or 2 mpg in my world would be a HUGE cost decrease as I started hauling with my 550 Feb 2 and have already racked up 103,800 miles! So far my only problem has been a p2002 code and they are replacing the sensor. I bought the extended 150K warranty so I'm hoping that will be covered however as the warranty ends if I experience a major emissions failure I may look at bypassing at that time, especially if both costs are similar and NH has no emissions testing for vehicles over 8500lbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I'd like to hear others thoughts also.
My 2011 6.7 had CEL 'false alarms' so I never felt confident real damage would not ultimately occur from EGR/DPF issues. So I deleted / tuned it and it ran flawlessly.
Now have a 2014 6.7 and with less than 200 miles had my first CEL (dealer said was a EGR code) so thinking about doing to this truck also.
what tuner to delete dpf and egr

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am considering the delete on my 2014 F-350 but have a few questions that I didnt find or weren't there in this thread. These questions may be dumb but there may be someone who wants to know but don't want to ask. From reading this and other threads I am sure there is someone here capable of explaining the answers.

1. How much louder will the truck be?
2. What about sensors DEF lines and such? Total remove or cap conectors and line ends?
3. Will a programmer prevent "system warning errors"?
4. How noticable is the turbo whine?
5. Without back pressure on the turbo to help slow it down at engine shut down, is the enough oil pressure remaining in the 6.7L engine to support the turbo until it stops?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in a track neighborhood start my trk every am at 3:45am never have had a complaint. I am however running a small muffler, but everything else is gone. At an idle its not obnoxious at all. When you get on it, it sounds healthy and good. The 6.7s are much quieter than the 6.0 & 6.4s. Sensors and such un-plug and can be hooked right back up. The programmer will not prevent all errors but the elimination of all the dpf bs will eliminate all that trouble and take you back old school. No dpf no dpf codes. Get a monitor screen and if a code comes up you can read it and clear it on the spot if needed as well as monitor EGT, super important for towing. Once again with stock turbo nothing obnoxious. Choose the right equipment and you'll be happy and never look back. Nothing to be nervous about as long as you do your research and get good stuff. Get that crap off your truck asap and start enjoying the benefits.

·
Registered
7 Posts
And a 3-4 MPG increase and decreased temps! ANNND turn tc off and spin all 4 35's when you feel froggy! WARNING MPGS decrease drastically when spinning duals! Guaranteed to make tree huggers cry and prius owners get out of the way!! haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
SCT Tuner 25k miles since delete and still awesome. Burnt up the 33's had to go to 35's

·
Registered
20 Posts
I finally pulled the trigger on doing a full delete on my truck. There is a few thousand miles of warranty left, but for that to be left up to ford to decide if something will paid for by them, I think i'll just take my chances voiding the warranty and Actually have a diesel that performs like a diesel again! No emissions testing here in florida anyways!

Sct x4 tuner
edge insight cts2 monitor
No limit intake and egr delete
flo pro 4" turbo back exhaust, no muffler.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have to agree with both sides on here. The crappy hazy air of yesteryear is rightfully gone. I do not want it to return. However I do not want to spend massive amounts of money on replacing emissions parts. My truck is still under warranty and I will leave it alone as long as it works fine. I do not worry so much about the emissions it produces because it is a bad weather truck for me, and my friends stock tuned but deleted trucks don't smell or smoke excessively. I have two motorcycles and would rather be on them than anything else. Now in the end, When it comes time change things, I will delete the EGR/DPF/SCR to prevent spending money on it and for reliability/longevity a tuner that just bypasses that crap would be great. I don't need more than the what seems like the 8 billion lb/ft of tq it has. I can't understand why guys hop these things all up and destroy them over and over again, but it's not my money so they can have at it. I just wish I had some of that money!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I finally pulled the trigger on doing a full delete on my truck. There is a few thousand miles of warranty left, but for that to be left up to ford to decide if something will paid for by them, I think i'll just take my chances voiding the warranty and Actually have a diesel that performs like a diesel again! No emissions testing here in florida anyways!

Sct x4 tuner
edge insight cts2 monitor
No limit intake and egr delete
flo pro 4" turbo back exhaust, no muffler.
good choice.. whos tunes did you go with?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Sweat, the DPF stranded me twice on vacation this year, and the entire exhaust had to be replaced as one unit in Raton, NM. The dealer told me that if it had not been in warranty, it would have cost me ~$3500.

·
Registered
20 Posts
good choice.. whos tunes did you go with?
I went with the diesel cartel. Great guys to work with, and super helpful. Im actually having an issue with my sct tuner, either the cable is bad or the input port on the unit is bad. Either or, they are overnighting me a new one!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sweat, the DPF stranded me twice on vacation this year, and the entire exhaust had to be replaced as one unit in Raton, NM. The dealer told me that if it had not been in warranty, it would have cost me ~$3500.
yep, I got stuck with mine as well. After that, it was just a matter of time until I had enough cash to make that junk go bye bye!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went with the diesel cartel. Great guys to work with, and super helpful. Im actually having an issue with my sct tuner, either the cable is bad or the input port on the unit is bad. Either or, they are overnighting me a new one!
nice. ya josh is a cool cat to do business with. :ford:

·
Registered
144 Posts
How's the shifting and exhaust brake working the DC tunes for those who have went with them?

141 - 160 of 196 Posts