The Diesel Stop banner

161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
How's the shifting and exhaust brake working the DC tunes for those who have went with them?
shifting was an issue with mine at first, but latest revisions seems to have taken care of that. as far as my exhaust brake it's still there. i havent' towed anything heavy but empty running with tow haul it is more aggressive than stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been stranded myself and to go with that it did it to
Me in the middle of the rd at a light as I was trying to get off so literally had to do the 1mph walk of shame across three lanes because of a sensor ware ft covered it but still had to deal with it and out a day. I want to delete but have the extended warranty only thing keeping me from doing it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Get your money back on the warranty and problem solved. If that happened to me you can bet id be getting everything that night with the good ole plastic card.

I have been stranded myself and to go with that it did it to
Me in the middle of the rd at a light as I was trying to get off so literally had to do the 1mph walk of shame across three lanes because of a sensor ware ft covered it but still had to deal with it and out a day. I want to delete but have the extended warranty only thing keeping me from doing it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive put about about 500 miles on since full delete has been done, absolutely satisfied with my decision. Fuel mileage is up, the power is up, no regens, no engine lag. its like a totally new truck!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ive put about about 500 miles on since full delete has been done, absolutely satisfied with my decision. Fuel mileage is up, the power is up, no regens, no engine lag. its like a totally new truck!

nice.. what does your setup consist of?

·
Registered
3 Posts
ADKf350 i would have to agree with you, ordered everything so when i get home from deployment i am installing everything plus the extra goodies i got figured if i was pony up the cash i mine as well go full retard on it and just be done with it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
No limit intake and egr delete
sct tuner, edge insight 2
flo pro 4" downpipe back
who's tunes? and glad u're liking the way she runs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
ADKf350 i would have to agree with you, ordered everything so when i get home from deployment i am installing everything plus the extra goodies i got figured if i was pony up the cash i mine as well go full retard on it and just be done with it.
First I'd like to say thank you for your service to our country. Bet you cant wait to do the install.

No limit intake and egr delete
sct tuner, edge insight 2
flo pro 4" downpipe back
I see alot of people going with the sct and I assume you went with the x4... Why not the Livewire to be both the tuner and monitoring device?

·
Registered
3 Posts
ya I'm pretty excited on a multi level to get home, wife kids then truck. though i must say I'm not looking forward to installing the mini max seams like its a pain. but none the less time has come and the truck must get that crap removed. the good part is don't have a lot of miles on it so hoping not to much has been done to it from that crap.

thank you but you don't have to say thank you to me.

First I'd like to say thank you for your service to our country. Bet you cant wait to do the install.

I see alot of people going with the sct and I assume you went with the x4... Why not the Livewire to be both the tuner and monitoring device?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 6.7 psd deleted

New here. I have a couple questions.

Short story i have a 2011 f-350 6.7psd and the motor completely ripped itself apart. spun a bearing due to an injector overfueling during a regeneration and stuck in regen. Truck is completely stock with 65,000 miles on it. dealer teck cut open the oil filter and dropped the pan and was filled with metal shavings..looked like never seize. Anyhow the opted to put a long block in it and reusue the 11 turbo against my demeanor. So 1 month later the truck is done. I did the full sinister egr cooler delete, flopro dpf/cat delete stock exhaust and pipe still there and h&s xrtpro turner. I chose the h&s because of the stock tune. Truck is fast enough for me. What im getting at is i think it actually runs slower than when it was stock. Turbo has a 3 sec delay from dead stop and is annoying. i feel like i am going to get hit, but once it spools its good. Anybody else experience that. no balls on take off. Anybody have a fix? Thanks in advance

·
Vendor
607 Posts
New here. I have a couple questions.

Turbo has a 3 sec delay from dead stop and is annoying. i feel like i am going to get hit, but once it spools its good. Anybody else experience that. no balls on take off. Anybody have a fix? Thanks in advance

Yes, Sir....Get the right tuning.

All the drivability, performance and fuel economy is locked into the tuning. If the truck is not performing as desired/expected, talk to your tuner (the guy that wrote the tunes). Start with the guys that sold you the tuner and work your way back from there. Be prepared for the run-around and the fancy footwork (and maybe an up-sell pitch).

There is nothing wrong with the Dual Axial Compressor of the factory turbo. It's designed to move air like a big turbo, but have the inertia of a little one. [Pretty cool design in my book. It has it's limitations on the big end, but that's not what we're talking about here] it should make near instant boost pressure and move out of the hole like a gas engine (like it did when it was stock). if it's not doing what you think it should, make the call and find someone that can tell you why. You spent a crap-load of money on trying to do the right thing. You should get get what you paid for.

If you can't.....give us a call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So i called the h&s tech support and the tech said he hasn't heard anything from what i'm describing. He asked me about low fuel boosting and if i had programed that upon the initial install. I did not and he said to play around with that setting. So i did. I put it on #2 setting as the program already had the programed. Honestly cant really feel a difference except for a little more smoke. I have no interest in rolling coal just want a reliable work truck for the company as we have all ford diesels. Any thoughts on the low boost setting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
After reading all these and having a issue tonight with my 2011 6.7 (Which motor was replaced and upgraded to the 2015 stuff 3000 miles ago) I will be doing my deletes ASAP. So with that being said, I would like a little help from all of you that have done the deletes already. After much research, I have come to the following products to use. Please give me any advise on products if you have had either a bad experience or good experience. What combo is everyone using? I live in Southwest Florida, the air is polluted here with old people farts s o not worried about emissions stuff.

Mini Maxx Race Tuner
Sinister EGR delete
S&B air intake

Still not decided on the full exhaust to run yet. Please give me some ideas. Thanks all in advance!

Also, having a heck of a time finding a sub box and subs for behind the seats. Anyone have any luck with that area?

·
Registered
247 Posts
This is my first post on this forum and I have to say reading all the info here is amazing. I just bought a SCT Livewire and plan to delete my 2011 w/ 86k on it. Why? I went to a meeting in a suburb of East St Louis IL recently and a damn EGR probe malfunctioned shutting my truck down dead. And had it been at night I too would probably be dead, no kidding.

I love my truck but this incidence has shaken my confidence in it. How can anyone say, yeah this is a good system, if this probe fails we will shut the whole thing down.....really? Really? Turns out nothing was wrong just probe and $400 dollars, a tow, and a wasted day of work later I am back min business, that is until the next probe goes bad. Well the hell with that.

By the way all the thread high jackers in here spouting EPA party line need to look at the OP he asked for pros and cons to the engine not you. IMO, start your own thread.

Here is my pro: an engine I control and that won't shut down.....novel idea I know.
Get the PCM updated and it won't happen again.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have read this thread all the way through except where I was bored from hearing the whining about epa junk! The point is the pros and cons of the delete! I see that a few of you have done the delete. Do any of you have a large amount of miles after the delete and if so what the updated opinion. My 2012 just left me of the side of a remote desert highway in 115 degree heat 2 and a half hours from home pulling a 19,000 lb 5th wheel and my whole family in the truck. I dont care about your nose, I care about not leaving my family stranded on the side of a highway because of this junk! When I picked my truck up from the dealer I asked him if he replaced all 4 sensors. Did they? OOOOOf course not! Shove your warranty I have 90k Miles. Guys please help me out, how are these deletes working in the long run?
It wasn't your question, but there is a PCM update to prevent the trucks from shutting down due to an EGT sensor failure. Update the PCM and it won't shut down again for that problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi, looking to full delete here soon. I'm in Canada, H&S still do updates? Are they easy to get? Where does a guy get the unit? Will the exhaust brake be effected? Thanx in advance

161 - 180 of 196 Posts