The Diesel Stop banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
So now I see this problem has not been resolved by FMC. I’ve had my 2012 6.7 in for oil changes and complained about the oil leaks and how the techs have been weak by not tightening down the oil can enough. I get oil running down it after each change (now realize it’s blowing onto the filter)....now I look on line and really climb under and see these pump leaks all along. My dealership just ignores it even when I ask em to check it and now I’m out of warranty!! They could have fixed 30k ago!

I would normally fix it myself but now I’m older and disabled and can’t bend in those directions to get at the pump....nor can I afford to pay the dealer on a fixed income for a simple problem they could have fixed at the assembly line! These are only torqued to 89 inch lbs!! Really? No threadlocker? Sounds like FMC wants a sure deal on a fix down the road if this has been going on so long.

I would sure like some help from this Crystal lady as I already know what my dealer is going to tell me! Wow...5th Ford truck too...love the truck but...thinkin Ram?....hmmmm

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do you have any paperwork stating to look for leaks and they found some but never fixed them. The oil pan is a known oil leak problem./ Lots of trucks have had this problem. I have had mine fixed twice. It doesn't leak anymore. This is the reason I always get service done at the dealer. Paperwork is always the key. If you have paperwork than call Ford customer service. They may help you with some of the cost.
Here is the number.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yea I always take it to the dealer here in town and tell them to have the tech to make sure they put some muscle on the filter because it seems to back off and start leaking. Tell em to make sure it’s nothing else and I always got it back with an “ all good” . I trusted that these guys were just cleaning off the oil from the filter but it looks like it was all verbal because they never put it on my work order figuring it was a simple instruction to the tech...I probably know how that will go with these guys as nice as they are...the will go Ford on me!

·
Registered
224 Posts
My dealer is pretty decent.I have had to have a couple of conversations with them but they get my point. I have 5 Fords and tale them all to my dealer. I made a friend with my parts guy so I get a deal on parts. I buy them beer sometimes. Hope they help you out and get your leak fixed. Oh I also made a friend with the guy that works on my truck. If I have a question he will disgus it with me.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts