The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6.9 has been sitting for several years and it is time for me to try again. What should I do first before turning it over again.

Here is what was new when I stopped working on the issue of it dying 5 years ago.
Injector lines, Injectors as well.
Fuel filter
Oil filter
Air Filter
Transmission was serviced as well.
It had full tanks of fuel with stabilizer.

I've started pulling the fuel and running it through a filter and water separator setup.

The original issue was it would start run for 20 seconds then die.
Then last week I started looking on this forum for a remedy.

So it sounds like I have exactly what Dieselmann says I have which is an air leak.

What should I do before I try to crank it over?

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you are afraid of a dry start, oil wise, pull the glow plugs and spin it over to build up oil pressure. Have you fix or replace return lines and replaced the olive seals , put a clear line on the return back to filter head? Do you get a good flow of fuel up to the filter? Just going to take some time to check out , Best of luck .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are afraid of a dry start, oil wise, pull the glow plugs and spin it over to build up oil pressure. Have you fix or replace return lines and replaced the olive seals , put a clear line on the return back to filter head? Do you get a good flow of fuel up to the filter? Just going to take some time to check out , Best of luck .
Thanks Randy, So I'll pull the glow plugs and turn it over to build oil pressure, sounds like a great idea :thumbsup:

All of the return lines and seals and caps were replace when I was working on it.

Today I bought some clear tubing to put in place to look for air infiltration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts