The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1981 F350 custom: SCLB DRW 6.9/4 speed swapped in
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I've just finished swapping a 6.9 into my 81 f350. It has sat for about 5 months at this point and was pulled from a running truck with papers to prove an original 67k miles on the clock. Previous owner sent me multiple videos of it running before he yanked it and it sounded extremely healthy and was well maintained by the original owner.

Now to my issue, Its sat for roughly 5 months and was stored in a dry shed with any holes covered up to prevent critters from exploring inside it. I got all necessary modifications to my truck finished and dropped it in, installed all new filters and hoses to fit with my setup. It spins at 250 rpm while cranking, all fuel lines from the filter to the return (INCLUDING ALL INJECTORS) have a steady stream of fuel. Engine has a brand new set of glow plugs with a manual system to control it. I cannot, for the life of me, get this thing to start on its own. A gas soaked rag stuck into the air filter will get it to crack off for at least a minute or two, but as soon as its taken away it dies. There is white smoke comin from the manifolds, and glow plugs are not being used while the gas fumes are present to avoid blowing off the heads. The fuel heater and FSS both click on and off with the key, so those are working correctly as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated because I am absolutely stumped on what to do next.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Air fuel and heat make fire. Did you get the intake entirely open? Is there enough air? Is the IP putting up enough pressure to pop the injectors? Just because it is to the injectors doesn't mean it is going through them. I'm assuming that the compression is good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts