The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
'02 7.3L Excursion 3.73 Warn Hubs AutoTranny
I bought a Ford Transmission Cooler for the '05 diesel excursion to go in my '02 Excursion.
I will be Bypassing the radiator's ATF cooling lines, this pix is from a F-150

the radiator/ATF cooler tanks developed a leak... that forced a complete Tranny purchase/Exchange as the shop owner refused to let the truck be repaired, unless the Tranny and the Radiator were both replaced.

Light Font Screenshot Electric blue Multimedia

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a Ford Transmission Cooler for the '05 diesel excursion to go in my '02 Excursion.
I will be Bypassing the radiator's ATF cooling lines, this pix is from a F-150

the radiator/ATF cooler tanks developed a leak... that forced a complete Tranny purchase/Exchange as the shop owner refused to let the truck be repaired, unless the Tranny and the Radiator were both replaced.

View attachment 187627
馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys. i was cleaning my 85 F250 6.9 radiator that I planned on putting back in once we drop the 7.3. The good news is it cleaned up nicely. The bad news is now that the dirt is gone, I have some serious rust damage to the coil fins.

does anyone know where I can get a new radiator without breaking the bank?

I will not be doing a ton of heavy hauling. i am restoring to be my everyday driver. The next step is to put a ZF 5 5 speed in so I can do 85 down the road at about 2200 rpm鈥檚

please let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts