The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm at a loss with this truck, 1987 F350 IDI auto, issue started with trying to start it. Turn key, loose all electrical power. Replaced key switch, ignition switch, and ignition module. Along with starter and battery cables. It started! Now it will randomly loose all power while running. Restarted once after jumping, now nothing. Batteries are completely dead, went to jump it and jumper cables arced out, bad. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
A diesel doesn't have an ignition module.

It sounds like you didn't replace the battery cables correctly, and/or with poor-quality cables. Post detailed & clear pics of the truck, its battery, the terminals, and where each battery cable goes. A link that explains how to post pics free is in this caption:

https://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/72354 (for phone apps)

As that caption describes, put all the truck's details in your signature here so we can see them with each of your posts. Include every feature, option, mod, miles, maintenance, damage, repairs, & the brand, PN, source, and date/miles of each part you've replaced.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
There's a big plug on the engine harness. Just find the main harness coming off the engine and follow it.
They like to burn up the pins. I would check there first.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts